Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

First Post?

An immediate question, is disk number now supported in Ogg and FLAC?

Thanks for the new update though, it looks like it will be a significant improvement.

Robisan wrote:
Sansa Firmware Updater is not recognizing or offering the update. (Fuze 8gb v1.01.22)

Firmware will be available on the updater shortly. We wanted to make it available to our loyal forum members first :slight_smile:

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Folder navigation!  The Fuze is out of beta!

@slotmonsta wrote:

@robisan wrote:
Sansa Firmware Updater is not recognizing or offering the update. (Fuze 8gb v1.01.22)

Firmware will be available on the updater shortly. We wanted to make it available to our loyal forum members first :slight_smile:

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Thanks. And thanks for the great improvements!

slotmonsta-

Kudos!

Gapless playback?

I’m very thankful and all for the update, don’t get me wrong, but I fail to see what sansafix was talking about when he/she said that the next firmware update would make us forget about rockbox.

I think it’s the folder navigation, to the person above me.

@capo327 wrote:
I’m very thankful and all for the update, don’t get me wrong, but I fail to see what sansafix was talking about when he/she said that the next firmware update would make us forget about rockbox.

Early theories on this…folder navigation, replaygain, and track info.

Looks great!

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Gapless playback?

Sansafix said a couple weeks ago that gapless wouldn’t make this update.

It seems that disc number is not yet recognised in Ogg.

But the upgrade went smoothly, and quickly. Now I just need to find out how to look at track info…

Thanks much, Fuze Brigade!

@fenrir wrote:

It seems that disc number is not yet recognised in Ogg.

But the upgrade went smoothly, and quickly. Now I just need to find out how to look at track info…

while the song is playing, Settings-> Music Options->scroll down :smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Gapless playback?

Sansafix said a couple weeks ago that gapless wouldn’t make this update.

I don’t live and die by firmware updates (I greatly enjoy them, whether it be formy PS3, the Fuze, etc) so I wasn’t aware what would make it or what would not. However, this particular update doesn’t do much good for me. Folder navigation? Ok, I just search by artists I don’t see the problem with it. I can see people using it I suppose, the 8000 song thing seems important, too bad I won’t ever have that much.

OK, found the track info. :slight_smile:

And it seems that actually the disc number support is working in Ogg, but I had got things confused in my head.

If I find any anomalies I’ll report back.

So far then, looks like an excellent update.

Thanks guys! Now I need to experiment with this Replay Gain…never used any of these things before:wink:

Also, I don’t get the Replay Gain. Explain?

Folder navigation is great!:slight_smile:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

I don’t live and die by firmware updates (I greatly enjoy them, whether it be formy PS3, the Fuze, etc) so I wasn’t aware what would make it or what would not. However, this particular update doesn’t do much good for me. Folder navigation? Ok, I just search by artists I don’t see the problem with it. I can see people using it I suppose, the 8000 song thing seems important, too bad I won’t ever have that much.

Things vary for different people, but for all of us it’s another step along the road to perfection.