Sansa Fuze 4g Problems

I recieved a Sansa Fuze 4G for my Birthday in early January, and over the past few weeks, it’s gone through a series of issues.

In late Febuary, the Sansa became just a white screen, and I couldn’t navigate my player very well. I tried updating the firmware, and nothing happened. I got pissed, and just left it on my nightstand. After about 3 weeks, I tried turning it on, and nothing happened. I tried charging it, and it won’t even charge.

When I plug it in, nothing happens at all, the fuze doesn’t light up, my computer doesn’t recognize it or anything. It’s hard to believe that the battery would be dead after 2 1/2 months, so I’m hoping for a different diagnosis.

And the icing on top is that I can’t get the **bleep** Box site for support emails isn’t working either. So this place is my last resort. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-ItzzMikey

EDIT:: I forgot to mention that I tried different chargers, so It’s not just a bad charger or something.

Message Edited by ItzzMikey on 03-21-2009 09:27 AM

You can give the Fuze a soft reset by holding the slider (on/off/hold switch) in the On position for 10-15 seconds.

If that doesn’t reset it (turn it on or anything) then I really have no idea.  If it does work, your Fuze should turn on.

About the white screen, assuming resetting it worked, I would format the Fuze (plug it into the computer, format it - make sure all your songs are backed up since formatting will delete everything - reinstall the latest firmware).

That should hopefully solve your problem. 

Actually, I do believe that those dreaded white screens mean you got yourself an expensive paper weight. I don’t know if sansa will replace it for you (for free anyway).

If they don’t, i’ll give ya ten bucks for it! I need a new screen for one of my players :smileyvery-happy:

@deadcereal wrote:

Actually, I do believe that those dreaded white screens mean you got yourself an expensive paper weight. I don’t know if sansa will replace it for you (for free anyway).

If they don’t, i’ll give ya ten bucks for it! I need a new screen for one of my players :smileyvery-happy:

White Screens MEAN NOTHING OTHER THAN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DOES IT MEAN YOU HAVE A PAPER WEIGHT OR A BRICKED PLAYER!!!

If as was suggested a reset gets it to come to life, then step one is to format. 

If not right away, then Leave it plugged in all night, let it charge. Some times it takes a while. Also Call SanDisk and see if they can give you some suggestions for a fix.

If all else fails and it is bricked - Sansa will do an RMA. My e260v2 was replaced with a nice new one. The RMA process is a bit tedious - but it does work. You might need the original proof of purchase though…

Anyway - try the suggestions earlier in the thread first & see if you can get it working.