Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

Because 01.01.15 is not latest anymore, please either retitle this thread as obsolete, or update the very initial article in the thread with the material for the latest 01.01.22 (and corresponding 02.01.17), in order to avoid confusing people.

Thanks.

Highlighted

sansafix: v1 vs. v2

[ Edited ]
sansafix: Can you tell us what the actual differences will be between Fuze v1 and Fuze v2?

Message Edited by SBMongoos on 12-12-2008 05:50 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: sansafix: v1 vs. v2

This thread was pulled from the stickies today.  The new firmware release is titled differently, and covers both revisions of the Fuze.

If you use the Sansa Updater, the correct firmware version is automatically selected.

The Revision 2 devices have a slightly different circuit board, but function the same as the Rev. 1 machines.  This firmware difference reflects the change in internal configuration.

It's best to leave this thread titled as-is, in case users might have a need to revert to the previous firmware.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

@neutron_bob wrote:

The Revision 2 devices have a slightly different circuit board, but function the same as the Rev. 1 machines.  This firmware difference reflects the change in internal configuration.

I suspect what people really want to know is why the PCB was updated and why that requires a different firmware. It could be the use of alternative, but functionally similar components or it could be a design tweak fixing a problem, improving performance or reliability, or adding or changing functionality. 

Message Edited by Fifer on 12-13-2008 10:58 AM
Highlighted

YAY to the new Sleeptimer, Smiley Happy

I knew I bought the best player in the market, when I bought the Fuze...

...and together with this kinda service it's unbeatable...

...and as I am off on x-mas holidays: To all of you Merry X-Mas and a Happy New Year!

Frank