Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

:smileyvery-happy:

Best kind of notification.

@sansafix wrote:

Here is your notification:

Be advised on Friday,  Dec 12th at 12 pm PST,  there will be a firmware update.

Woohoo! 

How about an RSS feed and/or a sign-up for email notification for Fuze users who don’t check in here regularly?

(Thanks Sansafix – looking forward to Friday pm!) 

That is awesome.  I can’t wait to see the enhancements to the resume feature. Really looking forward to it!

Sansafix is quite the troublemaker.

If you want automatic notification, the Sansa Updater is geared towards just that.  It will tell you there’s an update as soon as you plug in.

On the other side of the coin, it’s more fun to check in right here.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@robisan wrote:

How about an RSS feed and/or a sign-up for email notification for Fuze users who don’t check in here regularly?

(Thanks Sansafix – looking forward to Friday pm!) 

Why on earth would you need to sign up for an email or RSS notice?  He just told you its coming out tomorrow, and you even indicated this…  As far as future FW updates go, if there’s a feature you’re missing or a bug you’re getting, chances are you’ll be on here to say something about it, in which case you’ll discover whether or not a new FW version is coming soon.  For those of us who are excited enough about new FW to want it as soon as its out can feel free to Google it once in awhile, or hey, maybe check back on here.  For everyone else, if they’re not missing anything, the news of a new FW upgrade won’t be that earth-shattering, and they’ll find out when they run the updater, or when they bother to check online.  I’m not saying an email notice isn’t doable, but really, what’s the point of it?  I hate filling up my inbox with messages to remind me to be interested in something; I either care about it enough to update myself, or I’ll find out when I care enough to check.

Sorry if that came across as offensive, not my intentions, just throwing my 2 cents in. 

But seriously, I am excited for this new FW, thanks sansafix for the clearest notification I think I’ve ever heard for anything, haha.  Looking forward to the improved navigation and usability, fix for the bug I found and continue to suffer from, and the possibility of learning a bit more about HW rev. 2!

It is a little surprising to me that people balk at the idea of automatic notifications.  About every software I know of has auto-notifications available if you request them, and you don’t have to plug anything in to get them.

We all use our devices differently.  If you’re one who plugs your device in every day or spends a great deal of time on this forum, that’s fine.  I am an audiobook user.  I plug my device in about ever 2 weeks (if that).    Until lately (awaiting an update of the resume feature) I’ve spent very little time out here on this forum.

Auto-updates would be fantastic…and I’m really fine with the idea that some of you don’t need them.  On the other hand, I do.  But don’t act like it’s some crazy, unreasonable notion.  It’s absolutely not.

Cruiserdude:

1. Umm, duh, I was speaking about future updates, not the one coming out Friday.

2. Some people prefer not to have the updater on their computer (just like some people don’t like email notices), so that’s not a comprehensive solution.

3. Some FW updates contain new, unanticipated features that might indeed be “earth shattering,” if people know about them. Non-obsessive, normal users may only check for FW updates infrequently (or might have a life and not want to check this site daily/weekly). Some might not ever think to come back. Too bad for them that other methods of notice they might prefer offend you so.

4. Don’t want an email notice? Don’t sign up. Nobody’s putting a bleeping gun to your head. If someone else wants and gets an email notice how does that affect you in any way whatsoever? If so, I’ll take great pleasure knowing that my email spam torments you.

5. It appears your solution is that everyone should act exactly like you or else they’re SOL. That some people operate differently from you and/or have different wants/desires for how they get information apparently either never crossed your mind or doesn’t concern you.

Sorry if my response is caustic and snarky, however your viewpoint struck me as extremely egocentric.

1. Go here: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board?board.id=sansafuse

2. Click on “Board Options”

3. Click on “Subscribe to this board’s RSS feed”

This will not only keep you informed about new firmwares, but also give you valuable problem/solution descriptions for the fuze. If you want to only be informed about a certain topic then configure your RSS client accordingly. Be however warned, that also off topic discussions (such as user specific RSS feeds) could come up and waste your valuable time.

Also please be aware that sandisk might not provide firmware update for all eternity. This is already the third version. The management could decide that after this one the Fuze does not need any more updates and rather concentrate on future product design.

@calv wrote:

The management could decide that after this one the Fuze does not need any more updates and rather concentrate on future product design.

They’d better not. Yesterday, we were promised a Q1 update increasing the track number limit. :stuck_out_tongue:

@robisan wrote:

Cruiserdude:

1. Umm, duh, I was speaking about future updates, not the one coming out Friday.

1. Some people prefer not to have the updater on their computer (just like some people don’t like email notices), so that’s not a comprehensive solution.

1. Some FW updates contain new, unanticipated features that might indeed be “earth shattering,” if people know about them. Non-obsessive, normal users may only check for FW updates infrequently (or might have a life and not want to check this site daily/weekly). Some might not ever think to come back. Too bad for them that other methods of notice they might prefer offend you so.

1. Don’t want an email notice? Don’t sign up. Nobody’s putting a bleeping gun to your head. If someone else wants and gets an email notice how does that affect you in any way whatsoever? If so, I’ll take great pleasure knowing that my email spam torments you.

1. It appears your solution is that everyone should act exactly like you or else they’re SOL. That some people operate differently from you and/or have different wants/desires for how they get information apparently either never crossed your mind or doesn’t concern you.

Sorry if my response is caustic and snarky , however your viewpoint struck me as extremely egocentric.

Nah, just longwinded and useless. Seriously, get over it. 

Nobody needs to hear your 5 point whine. 

Either way, it would be nice to alert owners in cases where they shouldn’t attempt to use the firmware updater lest it rip a hole in the space-time continuum. ; )

Hi guys, i have one silly question. Do I need to update my fuze with all of the firmwares to get features like flac support or wrap around scrolling or its possible to update by the last one, which should be released today? Thx a lot

@andresoid wrote:
Hi guys, i have one silly question. Do I need to update my fuze with all of the firmwares to get features like flac support or wrap around scrolling or its possible to update by the last one, which should be released today? Thx a lot

I don’t think you need to update your Fuze with every firmware version since the latest one should contains everything. And don’t worry, is not a silly question, that’s how we learn. (Sorry for my bad english, I’m peruvian).

Thanks, I`ll try it…hopefully today!:smiley:

"Also please be aware that sandisk might not provide firmware update for all eternity. This is already the third version. The management could decide that after this one the Fuze does not need any more updates and rather concentrate on future product design. "

The Fuze is one of Sandisk’s most popular players. At a certain point,( perhaps a year or so after the Fuze is discontined?) there will be an end to firmware updates for it. We are not anywhere near that point though.

“They’d better not. Yesterday, we were promised a Q1 update increasing the track number limit”

I seem to recollect Sansafix saying before Q1, which means before the end of 2008.

not sure if this was asked in this thread, or anywhere. But are there any (long term) plans to update the UI? I know, pretty superficial, but i think the interface can be a bit slicker (smoother fonts maybe?)

thanks in advance. 

@jk98 wrote:

“They’d better not. Yesterday, we were promised a Q1 update increasing the track number limit”

I seem to recollect Sansafix saying before Q1, which means before the end of 2008.

@sansafix wrote:
This limit can be increased in Firmware.  We are expecting a significant increase (target is 8000 songs) by Q1,  2009.
Message Edited by sansafix on 12-11-2008 12:06 PM