Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

My guess on a cosmetic standpoint and to get the rumors started. On my red V.2, I expected some scratches to appear after some use from the stories I’ve heard but it looks fine. It’s possible that they are using a new laqueur on the faceplates.

The only difference is the internal PCB (printed circuit board). It could be as simple as SanDisk finding another source that would build them for them for 1/4 of a cent less. Multiplied by the millions of units sold or anticipated to sell, that could add up to a fairly sizeable amount.

Remember the Superman movie with Richard Pryor playing a programmer in the payroll or accounting dept, and he found that all 1/2 cents calculated in people’s pay were rounded ‘down’ and went back to the company? After all, it was only 1/2 a penny; no one person would notice, but multiplied by the number of employees over a years time, and it added up to millions. So he wrote a program to transfer all those half-pennies to his paycheck. Pretty ingenious!

Robert Vaughn who played the owner of the company however, was not amused! But he was impressed by Richard’s creativity. :smileyvery-happy:

IN THE NEXT FIRMWARE CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME NEW COLORS FOR THE WALLPAPER OR A PHOTO WALLPAPER???

sorry just wanted to state that.

Could you speak up? my hearing aid’s busted:neutral_face:

*shakes head and walks away muttering to himself*

What?

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

i apologize for the shouting but doesnt it annoy the fuze users when you have the same 5 colors for the players wallpaper?

@reesehugg wrote:
i apologize for the shouting but doesnt it annoy the fuze users when you have the same 5 colors for the players wallpaper?

No.

Well, I agree that the Sansa could use more color options, and more GUI customization in general, but the flash ROM on the AS3525 chip isn’t that big, and there are plenty of other features that we’d rather see come first.  I’m sure Sandisk is aware of this desire, and hopefully we’ll see something soon, but not if it means sacrificing space reserved for other, more useful features, or necessary bug fixes.

@reesehugg wrote:

I have 5 colors plus the funny little halo sunset on my lower left corner (a fact that I’ve repeated ad-nauseum).  That’s 5 colors plus about 3, so wanna trade?  I’d have a flawless screen and you’d have more colors! :wink:

I want to than all of you for inadvertantly making me realize that the new 4gb fuze that I bought from buy.com is probably a black market unit.  After reading about the new firmware update, someone posted to look at the serial number of his unit to make sure it was a fuze not a clip.  I looked at mine and realized that it was scratched off.  Thanks for your help.  I realize this is off topic, I just wanted to say thanks

@stuigi wrote:
I want to than all of you for inadvertantly making me realize that the new 4gb fuze that I bought from buy.com is probably a black market unit.  After reading about the new firmware update, someone posted to look at the serial number of his unit to make sure it was a fuze not a clip.  I looked at mine and realized that it was scratched off.  Thanks for your help.  I realize this is off topic, I just wanted to say thanks

It might be a re-furb. I personally haven’t heard of any yet, but anything’s possible. Are you sure it was in a factory-sealed package?

If you connect in MTP mode, right-click on your player in Windows Explorer and select Properties, you’ll also find the serial number.

@reesehugg wrote:

Not when you have previously owned the e200 series. No wallpaper or background choice at all. Kinda like Henry Ford’s motto for the Model T. “We’ve got any color you like . . . as long as it’s black!”

Seriously though, how much time do you spend looking at the screen and how much time is spent listening to music?

@tapeworm wrote:

@stuigi wrote:

It might be a re-furb. I personally haven’t heard of any yet, but anything’s possible. Are you sure it was in a factory-sealed package?

If you connect in MTP mode, right-click on your player in Windows Explorer and select Properties, you’ll also find the serial number.

It was definately sealed.  I know that for a fact because I was cursing as to how hard it was to remove it from that fused plastic package :slight_smile:

@reesehugg wrote:

x2. No.

…Adding, perhaps you suffer from Nanochromia…

What is the “QA”???

ADD SLEEP TIMER, PLEASE!!!

thank You

@supec wrote:

ADD SLEEP TIMER, PLEASE!!!

thank You

Seconded…:smiley:

@kromaxamork wrote:
What is the “QA”???

Quality A ssurance. Period of time to use the firmware in normal opertion to see if any new bugs crop up and assure that the ‘fixed’ bugs stay fixed. ‘Real World’ type use & testing, not pourng over lines of code. This is usually the final testing phase before public release, whether it be a product or as it applies to this case, firmware update.

Many times when you fix one problem, that fix cause another issue to rear its ugly head.

Is there a way to sign up for autonotification of firmware updates?

Not that I know of.  You can just use the Sansa FW Updater and it will automatically d/l and let you know.  But its not that hard to check yourself.  I’m using Chrome, and I go here enough that once I type “fo” this website comes up and I press enter.  Then its a single click to the Fuze section, where you will be sure to see immediate indication of a new FW version.