Highlighted

Re: Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

@cosmocat wrote:

And I want to take advantage of the congratulation to bring some ideas / wishes :

- play a little sound (like a beep) at the end of the playlist to let be aware of that

cosmocat,

-- I like an "end-of-the-list" cue, as well, so I converted a .wav file sound effect (mine's a doorbell) to an MP3.  I always load it as the last song in a playlist.  As long as you don't shuffle the list, it works just fine

-- Ed

Highlighted

Many thanks for the Ogg support. It was the only thing missing.
Highlighted

Thanks for the ongoing support :)

[ Edited ]
I got my Fuze yesterday. Thank you very much for continuing to support the Fuze and adding features. I especially like the Ogg Vorbis and FLAC format support, it works flawlessly Smiley HappySmiley Happy, actually this was a key feature for me and without it I wouldn't have bought the Fuze so willingly.

One thing that annoyed me was that the Fuze crashed sometimes. Then it needs to be reset to work again.
Sometimes while in the middle of a song. Two times at the end of two songs, but this might be because i converted them from yourube videos to Ogg files with VLC and VLC might have messed something up.

However, the most ridiculous crash was when no music or radio was playing at all! It happened when I choose light blue as background colour, then choose dark blue and the screen simply froze Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy. Fascinating that this task can overwhelm the player Smiley Very Happy. Maybe I was just scrolling to fast for it to compute. However, this is only an minor annoyance, as reset works always. Maybe you could employ people as product tester who click and scroll as fast as possible Smiley Wink.

And i second the German Translation bug. In empty menus it shows in brackets "Leeg" . This should be "Leer" Smiley Happy.

Greetings from Germany
Melchior.
Message Edited by melchior on 10-23-2008 08:39 PM
Message Edited by melchior on 10-23-2008 08:40 PM
Highlighted

Hi SansaMe,

1. Can you please answer to my replay from 10-15-2008 04:31 AM.

(The difference between the AMERICAS and the EUROPE firmware?)

2. Have you seen the German translation bug?

(Reply from 10-15-2008 05:13 AM)

Thanks,

Andreas

Highlighted

My Sansa Fuze (4GB) locks up after approx. every 3rd ogg-song. And most of my songs are ogg.

This makes the Fuze unusable for me. I actually bought it because I red about the new Ogg support.

Together with the skipping/stuttering if backlight goes off (both for mp3 and ogg), the player is a really poor choice.

I am really disappointed and might send it back...

Or is there a fix coming soon ?

Smiley Sad martin

Highlighted

question: if you buy a new player, does the latest firmware already come installed?
Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

@newbee wrote:
question: if you buy a new player, does the latest firmware already come installed?

Chances are no, since the device was probably manufactured before the firmware was released. Kinda like how that computer I bought two years ago didn't have Vista installed on it. (Don't worry - it still doesn't. Smiley Happy )

Firmware is very easy to install using the Sansa Update software. Totally automated.

Message Edited by SilverZero on 10-28-2008 05:24 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Next firmware release is November...that's really close.  Hang in there!

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

I'm planning to get one around christmas, thanks for the info!
Highlighted

best thing that could happen in next release is browse by folder. For me it would be Definetely most useful feature. Would it be possible thing to happen or it will never be added?