Highlighted

Re: Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

Bugs Fixed    

Music playback
  • "Play Previous" option is missing after returning from Video, Photo, Podcasts and Audiobooks playback

I don't know about anyone else, but with the update, but my "Resume" no longer works.  I listen to a lot of audiobooks, and now I have to fast forward to get to the spot where I stopped --- and that's frustrating.  Can this be fixed?

Highlighted

Why don't you try an audio bookmark? Down on the scroll wheel while listening to the file then scroll to bookmark. Then next time you can start where you left off.
Highlighted

It appears that I don't have a bookmark feature on my fuze, at least it is not showing on this book.  However, this book came via OverDrive which downloads in chapters -- Netlibrary downloads in one block.  I had never encountered this problems before.  However, I decided to reload the update, and it seems to be working okay now and goes to the "resume from this point" screen.

Thanks for quick response.

Highlighted

can someone please help me i downloaded the firmware and i noticed that the only way all my music shoe sup is through play all, my playlist were deleted, and my sound is messed up and this morning before i updated it, it was working fine. Its like every song i play the voice is all the way down and it is just instrumentals and i toyed with the equalizer but to no avail.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

@Kuramaz wrote:
can someone please help me i downloaded the firmware and i noticed that the only way all my music shoe sup is through play all, my playlist were deleted, and my sound is messed up and this morning before i updated it, it was working fine. Its like every song i play the voice is all the way down and it is just instrumentals and i toyed with the equalizer but to no avail.

Only my goto ones were gone, but then I only had one other playlist and it was still there.  You may need to receate them.

For the sound, this is very basic but worked for someone else who was only getting instrumentals and no lyrics, is the earbud plug all the way in?  Maybe pull it out and press it in again.  Then try another one.

Highlighted

ah.

my input is retarded.

when i plus it halfway in it works but all the way in it fails.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

thanks Sanasa

FLAC support (and other lossless codecs) is a feature that now sets the FUZE apart from the gaggle of mp3 players out there.

once live music afficianados (like myself) get word of this, i'd hope you see a serious jump in sales and more folks joining the Sansa revolution.

gapless support-

this is defianately needed but i have a hunch it's not something we'll see. to support it the Fuze would have to read ahead and see the gap and remove it. that seems more like a hardware than a software limitation. i'd like to be proven wrong on that by Sansa... 

we don't just need gapless for these new losses codecs - this should work for .mp3 format.

when you listen to albums (like the Who's Quadrophenia or classical music) that blend tracks together - the gap is very annoying, it interrupts the flow/rhythm.

i understand that most .mp3 players are targeted to people that listen to various tracks - but since the FUZE is so album playback oriented, this gapless thing is the biggest flaw in an otherwise solid device.

lack of gapless really make the need for a shuffle feature more evident.

and i ageeed on the file info screen reguest - that would be a very nice feature

regardless, FLAC support will save me hours of time converting into lossy formats - this is HUGE.

good work developers - the fact you guys are listening and making imporvements is what will keep the FUZE on ther market. 

Message Edited by emagon4523 on 10-17-2008 07:33 AM
Highlighted

My present firmware version ends in .11. I am hoping for a problem to be fixed in the Audiobooks category. It is about the files being read in sequential order as the way it was synced into the Fuse. In the present firmware ".11" all chapters roll up as all the Chapter Ones, then it plays all the Chapter Twos, etc. Not a good thing when you have more than one Audio book to listen to. Every feature inside the current .11 firware works for me outside of that problem.

The question I have is, will updating my firmware to .15 solve my problem?

Thanks,

Jim

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I really wish there was a way to queue up only certain albums/artists/songs/etc. Say I want to listen only to Artist X and also Artist Y. I can select Artist X, but I can't add Artist Y to the list, I have to choose one or the other.

Something similar to the "Enqueue in Winamp" right-click option in Winamp.

Pretty please?

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

the new support for ogg and flac is really great (I actually bought the Fuze again because of it). Still I noticed another problem: Sometimes, the Fuze locks up at the end of playing a file. It can only be switched off then, and even this just by holding the switch for a few seconds. When switching it back on again, the player reloads the media database. This seems to happen with ogg files only, so far. I will do more testing over the next few days.

Regards,

soenke

Additional info:

Sansa Fuze 2GB

FW updated manually

Play mode tested: shuffle