Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

It appears that I don’t have a bookmark feature on my fuze, at least it is not showing on this book.  However, this book came via OverDrive which downloads in chapters – Netlibrary downloads in one block.  I had never encountered this problems before.  However, I decided to reload the update, and it seems to be working okay now and goes to the “resume from this point” screen.

Thanks for quick response.

can someone please help me i downloaded the firmware and i noticed that the only way all my music shoe sup is through play all, my playlist were deleted, and my sound is messed up and this morning before i updated it, it was working fine. Its like every song i play the voice is all the way down and it is just instrumentals and i toyed with the equalizer but to no avail.

@kuramaz wrote:
can someone please help me i downloaded the firmware and i noticed that the only way all my music shoe sup is through play all, my playlist were deleted, and my sound is messed up and this morning before i updated it, it was working fine. Its like every song i play the voice is all the way down and it is just instrumentals and i toyed with the equalizer but to no avail.

Only my goto ones were gone, but then I only had one other playlist and it was still there.  You may need to receate them.

For the sound, this is very basic but worked for someone else who was only getting instrumentals and no lyrics, is the earbud plug all the way in?  Maybe pull it out and press it in again.  Then try another one.

ah.

my input is retarded.

when i plus it halfway in it works but all the way in it fails.

thanks Sanasa

FLAC support (and other lossless codecs) is a feature that now sets the FUZE apart from the gaggle of mp3 players out there.

once live music afficianados (like myself) get word of this, i’d hope you see a serious jump in sales and more folks joining the Sansa revolution.

gapless support-

this is defianately needed but i have a hunch it’s not something we’ll see. to support it the Fuze would have to read ahead and see the gap and remove it. that seems more like a hardware than a software limitation. i’d like to be proven wrong on that by Sansa… 

we don’t just need gapless for these new losses codecs - this should work for .mp3 format.

when you listen to albums (like the Who’s Quadrophenia or classical music) that blend tracks together - the gap is very annoying, it interrupts the flow/rhythm.

i understand that most .mp3 players are targeted to people that listen to various tracks - but since the FUZE is so album playback oriented, this gapless thing is the biggest flaw in an otherwise solid device.

lack of gapless really make the need for a shuffle feature more evident.

and i ageeed on the file info screen reguest - that would be a very nice feature

regardless, FLAC support will save me hours of time converting into lossy formats - this is HUGE.

good work developers - the fact you guys are listening and making imporvements is what will keep the FUZE on ther market. 

Message Edited by emagon4523 on 10-17-2008 07:33 AM

My present firmware version ends in .11. I am hoping for a problem to be fixed in the Audiobooks category. It is about the files being read in sequential order as the way it was synced into the Fuse. In the present firmware “.11” all chapters roll up as all the Chapter Ones, then it plays all the Chapter Twos, etc. Not a good thing when you have more than one Audio book to listen to. Every feature inside the current .11 firware works for me outside of that problem.

The question I have is, will updating my firmware to .15 solve my problem?

Thanks,

Jim

I really wish there was a way to queue up only certain albums/artists/songs/etc. Say I want to listen only to Artist X and also Artist Y. I can select Artist X, but I can’t add Artist Y to the list, I have to choose one or the other.

Something similar to the “Enqueue in Winamp” right-click option in Winamp.

Pretty please?

Hi everyone,

the new support for ogg and flac is really great (I actually bought the Fuze again because of it). Still I noticed another problem: Sometimes, the Fuze locks up at the end of playing a file. It can only be switched off then, and even this just by holding the switch for a few seconds. When switching it back on again, the player reloads the media database. This seems to happen with ogg files only, so far. I will do more testing over the next few days.

Regards,

soenke

Additional info:

Sansa Fuze 2GB

FW updated manually

Play mode tested: shuffle

@cosmocat wrote:

And I want to take advantage of the congratulation to bring some ideas / wishes :

• play a little sound (like a beep) at the end of the playlist to let be aware of that

cosmocat,

– I like an “end-of-the-list” cue, as well, so I converted a .wav file sound effect (mine’s a doorbell) to an MP3.  I always load it as the last song in a playlist.  As long as you don’t shuffle the list, it works just fine

– Ed

Many thanks for the Ogg support. It was the only thing missing.

I got my Fuze yesterday. Thank you very much for continuing to support the Fuze and adding features. I especially like the Ogg Vorbis and FLAC format support, it works flawlessly :):), actually this was a key feature for me and without it I wouldn’t have bought the Fuze so willingly.

One thing that annoyed me was that the Fuze crashed sometimes. Then it needs to be reset to work again.
Sometimes while in the middle of a song. Two times at the end of two songs, but this might be because i converted them from yourube videos to Ogg files with VLC and VLC might have messed something up.

However, the most ridiculous crash was when no music or radio was playing at all! It happened when I choose light blue as background colour, then choose dark blue and the screen simply froze :D:D:D. Fascinating that this task can overwhelm the player :D. Maybe I was just scrolling to fast for it to compute. However, this is only an minor annoyance, as reset works always. Maybe you could employ people as product tester who click and scroll as fast as possible ;).

And i second the German Translation bug. In empty menus it shows in brackets “Leeg” . This should be “Leer” :).

Greetings from Germany
Melchior.

Message Edited by melchior on 10-23-2008 08:39 PM

Message Edited by melchior on 10-23-2008 08:40 PM

Hi SansaMe,

1. Can you please answer to my replay from 10-15-2008 04:31 AM.

(The difference between the AMERICAS and the EUROPE firmware?)

1. Have you seen the German translation bug?

(Reply from 10-15-2008 05:13 AM)

Thanks,

Andreas

My Sansa Fuze (4GB) locks up after approx. every 3rd ogg-song. And most of my songs are ogg.

This makes the Fuze unusable for me. I actually bought it because I red about the new Ogg support.

Together with the skipping/stuttering if backlight goes off (both for mp3 and ogg), the player is a really poor choice.

I am really disappointed and might send it back…

Or is there a fix coming soon ?

:cry: martin

question: if you buy a new player, does the latest firmware already come installed?

@newbee wrote:
question: if you buy a new player, does the latest firmware already come installed?

Chances are no, since the device was probably manufactured before the firmware was released. Kinda like how that computer I bought two years ago didn’t have Vista installed on it. (Don’t worry - it still doesn’t. :slight_smile: )

Firmware is very easy to install using the Sansa Update software. Totally automated.

Message Edited by SilverZero on 10-28-2008 05:24 PM

Next firmware release is November…that’s really close.  Hang in there!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I’m planning to get one around christmas, thanks for the info!

best thing that could happen in next release is browse by folder. For me it would be Definetely most useful feature. Would it be possible thing to happen or it will never be added?

I agree. I don’t know if the Sansa devs responded to this request, but hopefully that means we’re in for a surprise? :smiley:

Folder browsing will eliminate the need for database refreshes. But, will it add more life to a battery charge? When browsing the database on my Rockboxed Ipod, that thing works HARD (browsing through menus is also very sluggish) compared to typical folder browsing.  

@animal wrote:
best thing that could happen in next release is browse by folder. For me it would be Definetely most useful feature. Would it be possible thing to happen or it will never be added?

That would probably go a long way toward placating those of us who want to be able to enqueue songs/albums/artists to the music already playing (another pending update, hopefully).