Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

thanks Sanasa

FLAC support (and other lossless codecs) is a feature that now sets the FUZE apart from the gaggle of mp3 players out there.

once live music afficianados (like myself) get word of this, i’d hope you see a serious jump in sales and more folks joining the Sansa revolution.

gapless support-

this is defianately needed but i have a hunch it’s not something we’ll see. to support it the Fuze would have to read ahead and see the gap and remove it. that seems more like a hardware than a software limitation. i’d like to be proven wrong on that by Sansa… 

we don’t just need gapless for these new losses codecs - this should work for .mp3 format.

when you listen to albums (like the Who’s Quadrophenia or classical music) that blend tracks together - the gap is very annoying, it interrupts the flow/rhythm.

i understand that most .mp3 players are targeted to people that listen to various tracks - but since the FUZE is so album playback oriented, this gapless thing is the biggest flaw in an otherwise solid device.

lack of gapless really make the need for a shuffle feature more evident.

and i ageeed on the file info screen reguest - that would be a very nice feature

regardless, FLAC support will save me hours of time converting into lossy formats - this is HUGE.

good work developers - the fact you guys are listening and making imporvements is what will keep the FUZE on ther market. 

Message Edited by emagon4523 on 10-17-2008 07:33 AM