Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

@sansafix wrote:
Thanks to the Forum members who have helped us find this bug.  It looks like an easy fix for the next release.  I would look for it to be fixed in November.  Fortunately  , you can avoid the problem by waking the device screen first and then powering off. 

I’m looking forward to the next update already!

It’s great to see that feedback from these forums is actually taken into consideration.  I’m really glad I bought a Sansa!

As a classical music listener with a nice new set of headhones, thanks for the FLAC and OGG support!

Now I just need to get started re-ripping those 1200 CDs to whichever I decide on.

Okay, I have had problems since I bought this Fuze.  I downloaded the firmware thinking it would fix the problem but now it’s worse.  Now I can’t even power on the device!  The problem I was having prior to downloading the firmware was the songs would play the music but you couldn’t hear anyone singing.  And some of the songs seemed to skip. I’m really not too thrilled with this thing.  I thought it would be easy to use.  Can anyone help me?

Well, since I am a Linux user, I love this thing. Drag and drop, and since all my files are tagged I have no problems in that regard.

Since I updated the firmware (drag the firmware into the root directory, unplugg, updated. Brilliant <.<) I am happy for the ogg and flac support, since most of my music is ripped into ogg.

I wouldnt mind an option to display/see the bitrate or an info selection to display the music file information. Im a geek like that.

And an option to set a picture as a wallpaper, and perhaps more colors to choose from.

I wish there was an easier way to convert video files in linux for the fuze. Anyone have a script for that? I’m too lazy to write a bash script <.<

Msi,

If the headphone jack isn’t plugged all the way in you will hear hollow sounding music and a lot of what sounds like skipping music. That is a very common complaint.  I had that problem myself.  I was sure the jack was plugged all the way in, but it wasn’t.  That’s probably what was wrong preceeding the firmware update.  I’d try doing the update again and then make sure the jack is plugged all the way in.  Hope this helps.

Message Edited by fzone46 on 10-10-2008 02:25 PM

Message Edited by fzone46 on 10-10-2008 02:26 PM

Message Edited by fzone46 on 10-11-2008 06:38 AM

msi, it is possible that your Fuze is defective. Mistakes happen. So you should just contact Sandisk and get an RMA or return it to your brick and motar store.

mark

@hawklen wrote:

I wouldnt mind an option to display/see the bitrate or an info selection to display the music file information. Im a geek like that.

The Creative Zen Vision:M did that, and it was nice. Sometimes when a file doesn’t sound all that great I find myself wondering what the bitrate is, and its annoying to have to plug it into a computer to find out so simple.

Serious malfunction here…updated the firmware…after getting the all clear to unplug the Fuze, got a white screen. I did a hard shut down, now all I get is a blue-greenish screen that’s in the lower right hand corner of the screen. It will not boot up into a greeting screen at all, will not stay powered, it simply does not go anywhere.

Edit: It’s far worse than I imagined. Right now the Fuze is plugged into the pc and the pc isn’t even recognizing the connection to the device.

Second Edit: Now, it won’t shut down at all and the screen is still there .

Help…please. 

Message Edited by wccd on 10-10-2008 04:58 PM

After the update, doing anything has the purpose of turning the light on.  So if you want to have a normal shutdown, go up once quick to turn the light on and then up again for normal shutdown.  Of course you can turn the light on by hitting any other button and then up with the power switch for normal shutdown.  Not sure if they intended this function but once you figure it out, it works.

yea besides a cool hello/goodbye screen this update has been bad i get the white screen too. but mines still work. mines take like 3 mins to delete a video.

As a classical fan I bought the Fuze solely for the potential FLAC support. I actually put the unit away for a couple of months before this firmware release was available, as I had other players of comparable SQ and prefered good CD players anyways. I’d been watching this forum and upgraded the first day this FW was available. The moment I put on a good pair of headphones, it’s WOW! Such INCREDIBLE sound from something smaller than a CD player finally! The texture and articulation of music can be enjoyed in full, from the gripping details of the strings to the delicate flutter of the wind instruments. Thank you Sansa!

I used Linux and MSC mode to upload. One nuisance was that I had to rename about 20 percent of the files as they failed to upload with certain punctuation signs as file names. The colon “:” is the most common problem as it’s frequently used in classical titles to delineate composers or movements. I hope that it’ll be fixed in the next FW upgrade.

This firmware has been a god-send. Thank you guys so much for releasing it! I haven’t tried OGG or FLAC yet but I might give it a chance… The wrap-around scrolling works wonders on videos, especially since I have about 80 videos to scroll through.

SansaMe,

I eagerly looked forward to the firmware upgrade in order to play my OGG files.

I upgraded the firmware to Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 successfullly with no known glitches.  Everythings seems to work well including the new opening screen. 

When I try to transfer OGG files to the MicroSD card in the Sansa Fuze via Microsoft Windows Explorer (my usual method of transferring files to the Sansa Fuze MicroSD card), I receive the message that the media player does not support the OGG files and the only options are to CANCEL, SKIP and SKIP ALL.

Faulty installation of the firmware?

Can I simply place the OGG files on the MicroSD card with the MicroSD in my computer rather than in the Sansa Fuze and then put the MicroSD card back into the Sansa Fuze? 

Any help would be appreciated.   I did not see any other message describing this problem.

I just learned about the site.  I am very pleased that it exists.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks. 

Rocketrider. 

@julian wrote:
I love how the admins ignore everyone who mentions gapless playback…

I have yet to see gapless playback on any mp3 player.  They fought for it over on IRiver.  Wish they would let you know that it is difficult or impossible to do.  My guess is that it is impossible.

@cfsacks wrote:

I have yet to see gapless playback on any mp3 player.  They fought for it over on IRiver.  Wish they would let you know that it is difficult or impossible to do.  My guess is that it is impossible.

The Rio Karma did it years ago…but for several years it was the only one that did. People complained constantly on the iPods forum. The iPod finally supported it at least a year ago, but its very reliant on iTunes for that functionality. The tiny pause doesn’t bother me nearly as much as things like scrolling through long lists, but apparently a lot of people get upset about it.

SansaMe,

I solved my problem. 

I loaded my Ogg files onto the microSD card while loaded in my computer (rather than the microSD card loaded into the Sansa Fuze).  I later put the microSD card in the Sansa Fuze and the Sansa Fuze played the Ogg files perfectly.

Many thanks for this upgrade allowing the use of Ogg files.

Rocketrider11

Embedded album art isn’t working.

Great Update.  Love the new opening and closing screens.  Is there any future plans for more wallpapers/color options in future updates?   I’m color blind and would like to see more wallpaper/color options.   I love this player.  Even my daughter who is a diehard Ipod user loves this player and wanted to trade me her 8 gig Ipod for this 4 gb player!  Of course I said no!  My wife wants one now so I’m looking for a good deal on a FUZE,  She likes the RED one I got so I’m going to buy me a 8GB FUZE and let her have this one.  The FUZE hooked up with a pair of SkullCandies is a IPOD Killer for sure.  Thanks for a great product!  

IronChef 

To be honest, I’m quite happy with my little Fuze. I love the OGG/FLAC playback supported by the new firmware.

As has been mentioned before though, gapless playback would be really nice, even if it’s only in FLAC. Also, an option that allows you to cue up an album to play after the one currently playing has finished. Maybe even an album shuffle mode?

Here’s hoping.

Hello,

what is the difference between the AMERICAS and the EUROPE firmware?

Best regards,

Andreas