SanDisk User

Re: Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

[ Edited ]
the only problem i have with my fuze is when i delete a song of photo or video it take longer to delete it?
Message Edited by reesehugg on 10-07-2008 10:51 PM
jmr
SanDisk User

@Odd_Bob wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that, since the update, their Fuze is occasionally reluctant to turn off?  Several times in the last couple days I've held the switch upward like usual, and instead of getting the animation it just sits there for several seconds and then blinks off, as in a forced shutdown.  And every time when it does this I wind up having to do a database refresh the next time I turn on.

Aside from this issue, my Fuze works fine after the update and I'm happy in general.  I just wonder if anyone else is having shutdown issues like me...

I've noticed the same thing. I've noticed that pausing before attempting to shut it off sometimes works; other times, simply releasing the power switch before it completely shuts down, and pressing it up again causes it to go through the normal shut down procedure.  Still, it's quite annoying when the fuze has to refresh the database after restarting.
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

Jmr,

This is the main reason that kept me from updating! The shut down and refreshing of the unit..Also some have had unexpected refreshing of the unit..  I'm still going to wait it out and see what's up with it..  George

Message Edited by George-W on 10-08-2008 03:30 PM
*His* 8GB Silver Fuze v01.02.31A also 8GB MicroSDHC card installed *Hers* 4GB red Fuze with 16GB micro SDHC card! Firmware v01.02.31A still installed. Acquired another 8GB Fuze also with firmware v01.02.31A now..
SanDisk Professor

[ Edited ]

@attackmouse wrote:
I only noticed one problem.... (aside from all the others mentioned here.) Had a playlist that was over 250 songs on the previous firmware. Updated, and now it shows all of them there...however it says 668 songs...when in reality I only have 473 songs....so somewhere along the way it was able to read them all, but messed up the count.

Did it duplicate the songs?  I created a playlist after on windows media player 10 and it duplicated the songs. Didn't do that before.  (took up all my memory) So now I have a few albums and singles with double and I can't find them all to delete (guess I could go through the playlist I created on wmp and go through the loooooong song list) and not sure if I want to delete the full albums (guess I could resinc those)...

the only problem i have with my fuze is when i delete a song of photo or video it take longer to delete it?
Message Edited by reesehugg on 10-07-2008 10:51 PM

Mine too.   And sometimes mine will go to a white screen like a white screen of death, and then I press the center button and it brings it back.  Once I had to do a soft reboot (holding the on swtich up for a while).

Message Edited by Dalaug234 on 10-08-2008 01:45 PM
SanDisk Professor

@George-W wrote:

Jmr,

This is the main reason that kept me from updating! The shut down and refreshing of the unit..Also some have had unexpected refreshing of the unit..  I'm still going to wait it out and see what's up with it..  George

Message Edited by George-W on 10-08-2008 03:30 PM

I think we found the cause of the unexpected DB refresh.  Here's the latest:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=5...

SanDisk Fanatic

Skinjob,

Thanks for the link!  George

*His* 8GB Silver Fuze v01.02.31A also 8GB MicroSDHC card installed *Hers* 4GB red Fuze with 16GB micro SDHC card! Firmware v01.02.31A still installed. Acquired another 8GB Fuze also with firmware v01.02.31A now..
SanDisk Guru

Thanks to the Forum members who have helped us find this bug.  It looks like an easy fix for the next release.  I would look for it to be fixed in November.  Fortunately  , you can avoid the problem by waking the device screen first and then powering off. 
SanDisk User

can someone answer my question?

SanDisk User

I've had problems with the white screen of death  while deleting a file using  the previous firmware.This is not a new problem. 
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Hey, thanks for fixing the problem with recording from the mike! (I haven't tried the fix yet though).

This problem (harsh screeching when you record something sort of loud) and the non-wrapping scrolling were my main disappointments with the Fuze.