Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

I want to congratulate the sansa team for this great update (ogg and flac support).

And I want to take advantage of the congratulation to bring some ideas / wishes :

• play a little sound (like a beep) at the end of the playlist to let be aware of that

• have a better way to find music in big music collection (alphabetic for exemple)

• Add read next album option which permit to select one album to play and when it’s finished it automaticly play the next one with really no end!!! And have a key to pass to the next one (like short forward press + long forward press)

• gapless

• permit the wrap around function in all the menus.

• add an option that the first press on any key do nothing except bring back the display and a second press do the right thing. Because it happens that I accidently press a key when the player is in my pocket and it could avoid the press error. For me the hold button is not a solution because you could not access volume (very important because should be adjust very often) or any other key without get out the fuze from the pocket

• replay gain ( a needed one :slight_smile: ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replay\_gain

• and something very ergonomicaly odd (but not very important and which seem not present in your previous sansa players)… In the big iconc root menu, the navigation is frustating because naturally (like in any other menus) we turn the wheel clockwise but the menu only display the 2 next icons in the opposite direction clockwise ( opposite to the natural and other menus direction :frowning: )

I hope theses suggestions will find echoes in you to make the sansa the best player :slight_smile:

@differentchick5 wrote:

i can only ask for a sleep timer…

but im satisfied…hah

I believe Sansafix said this would be added in the next release.

I blundered my way through the upgrade…

I watched the video but your website download section is different now so I blundered around and downloaded the updater which crashed because Windows Media Player kept starting and tried to syn the Fuze when I actually only use Media Monkey…

Went through that same loop a few times with failures…you’d think I’d learn, huh?..

Then accidentally I still had the Fuze connected and downloaded from the message hyperlink rather than going to the web page and by darn if it all didn’t work flawlessly and automatically…

So thanks and thanks again.  So far I like the new features in the update!

Fantastic! I just upgraded to the newest firmware and couldn’t be more pleased.

The changes that I appreciate most are: 1) making it convenient to skip tracks while listening to podcasts, 2) correcting the previous bug that made it difficult to delete multiple podcast tracks because each delete would toss you into some random new track. (Previously the player worked well for longer podcasts, but was really a hassle for shorter podcasts, where one often wants to skip tracks and delete, say, ten in a row.)

These changes have converted the player from one that I had shelved to one that I think of as excellent.  Great size and battery life, expandable memory, automatic bookmarking for audiobooks and podcasts, excellent music quality, good user interface, MSC mode and Linux compatibility, and now with OGG! Great job Sansa! I couldn’t be more happy with this player.

improved scrolling through long lists with wrap around enabled

hi

how to get this option enabled? i can’t find it… is it automatic ? I didn’t notice changes

anyway, thanks for firmware

should AAC be compatible one day ?

See it. Download it. Install it. Love It.

Thank you so much Sandisk for the FW update. Love the wrap-around and the improved playlist work/play time. Love it. 

Made life little nessecities just a little easier. I have loads of music, it will be nice to fit more with .ogg on my Fuze. Although, the conversion will be a little time consuming though it will be worth it. 

Love it.

Mark

Quick question: Will a FW update delete all songs/vids?

No, it won’t delete anything. I did lose my bookmarks, though.

Message Edited by Odd_Bob on 10-06-2008 07:07 AM

@odd_bob wrote:

No, it won’t delete anything. I did lose my bookmarks, though.

Message Edited by Odd_Bob on 10-06-2008 07:07 AM

Cool! :smiley: Thanks!

@zorba wrote:

improved scrolling through long lists with wrap around enabled

hi

how to get this option enabled? i can’t find it… is it automatic ? I didn’t notice changes

anyway, thanks for firmware

should AAC be compatible one day ?

Yes it’s automatic, that’s not an option. That’s just that you can go to the end of your collection just by rotating the wheel opposite direction clockwise which was not permitted before…

I did the update on Friday and am pleased.  I still don’t under ogg or flac or whatever.  But I like that my player still works and I do like the wraparound.  I had to figure out why my podcasts were playing slow… it went to the slow speed for some reason.  I like the splash screen too. 

Thats funny about the podcasts.I did the same thing. I was like oh no! Then i realized there is now a speed control.

I have been using the Fuze with new firmware for a couple of days and it appears to be as stable as the previous version…great job!!! 

I will reiterate my previous request…please increase the song limit beyond ~4000 as soon as possible.  Without this, the μsd card which I bought is of no use to me.  Is it possible to put out a firmware update to address just the bugs and leave the enhancements till later?

I would appreciate it if you could indicate when the next firmware release is scheduled?

Thanks again!!!

Has anyone else noticed that, since the update, their Fuze is occasionally reluctant to turn off?  Several times in the last couple days I’ve held the switch upward like usual, and instead of getting the animation it just sits there for several seconds and then blinks off, as in a forced shutdown.  And every time when it does this I wind up having to do a database refresh the next time I turn on.

Aside from this issue, my Fuze works fine after the update and I’m happy in general.  I just wonder if anyone else is having shutdown issues like me…

@odd_bob wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that, since the update, their Fuze is occasionally reluctant to turn off?  Several times in the last couple days I’ve held the switch upward like usual, and instead of getting the animation it just sits there for several seconds and then blinks off, as in a forced shutdown.  And every time when it does this I wind up having to do a database refresh the next time I turn on.

Aside from this issue, my Fuze works fine after the update and I’m happy in general.  I just wonder if anyone else is having shutdown issues like me…

I notice that too it actually I think it reads standby instead of turning off with the Goodby Message then I have to wait for the media to refresh.

what is this firmware for? i really need help… i am still new here. THANKS!

Look at the first post of this thread, there is some good informations (I’ll make a better answer in the other thread you launch…)

ok.thanks, so all i need to do is to download that firmware and whats next? download it to my computer while my sansa fuze is connected via the USB port?? is that correct?? is this firmware same with the itunes of Ipods?thanks again.

heids,

IMO based on your other questions and this question you should hold off on this firmware update…  Get use to your unit…  ask more questions and when you get a bit more familiar with your unit then do the up date…  Firmware is like the operating system in your computer “windows XP or what ever you have” It is the OS of your Fuze… I think in your other post you had said you use Rhapsody for your music. You know that well enough to make use of it and your fuze. That’s great! It works for you, you like it and use it…  You don’t need to install any software to use your fuze. Rip cd’s in WMP 11 if you have them and sync them up to your fuze… Or just do as your doing using Rhapsody! The choice is yours…  You will learn more in time as you want to do things in other ways… Or do other thins with your Fuze. Rip Cd’s, add you photos or pod-casts dvd’d and or videos… it all will come in time…  This is just IMO… This is a great place to learn and there are some good people here that know anything you need help with…  Have fun enjoy and good luck… George  

Message Edited by George-W on 10-07-2008 05:50 AM

thank you so much for the information George!! well., as i go over the messages here I am learning a little bit…ahaha… anyway., i just want to clarify if the information I understand is correct…well., all i need to do is to download  the firmware and install it to my computer and while installing it to my computer my sansa fuze should be connected to my computer via the USB port? is that correct?? do i need to do something else??