Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

Has anything been done about the audio delay in video recordings…or is this an SMC issue also? Is a fix in the works for this problem?

Please direct Sansa Media Converter issues to the Sansa Media Converter board.

SMC BOARD

I like the new welcome, goodbye, and the PC connection screen. And the wrap-around scrolling is nice too. Thumbs up

This update fixed the “my top rated” issue… Nice wrap around feature… Nice start up and shutdown screen… Great job and thank you…

SansaMe…Can I PLEASE get an Answer to my question?

What about the delay in audeo on video recordings?

As I said in the  SMC section you sent me to, NO ONE HAS ANSWERED THE QUESTION!

When can we expect a fix on this MAJOR issue? I don’t know whether I should continue finding and copying movies or not!

I’m very happy with the Ogg and FLAC support. The improved quality voice recording is a nice addition too, one that I wasn’t expecting. The wrap-around listing was a must-have feature which is now there.

I lost my Go and Best Rated list in the update, but that’s no biggy to me.

Cheers to Sansa. 

What do  you call this, selective hearing? My first question was answered within 15 minutes, so I know someone is there.

Thanks for the wraparound scrolling.  Just what I needed.  And the new start-up and goodbye screens aren’t bad, either.

All the best,

Brad

This is a forum, not a chatroom. Try waiting longer than 4 minutes for a response :stuck_out_tongue:

I did a search on this question…IT has been asked many times, but not directly or forthrightly answered YET!

Apparently the answer is …ignore ignore ignore!

What about it Sansa?

What about the delay in the audio on video recoedings?

I like the new snazzy logos!  The goodbye screen font is big!  The four color logo is interesting.

Any details on the change to Format 4 from Audible?  There will be quite a few Audible users of Format 3 with questions.  The 64KB/s format (Format 3) saves quite a bit of space.  If Format 4 is the way of the future, I’m hopeful it’s more stable…

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: 

@neutron_bob wrote:

Any details on the change to Format 4 from Audible?  There will be quite a few Audible users of Format 3 with questions.  The 64KB/s format (Format 3) saves quite a bit of space.  If Format 4 is the way of the future, I’m hopeful it’s more stable…

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: 

You must’ve scimmed right over it, Bob . . .

New features:

FLAC codec for audio is now supported

OGG codec for audio is now supported

New Audible AAX format is now supported

Note:  Per Audible request, type 2 and 3 are no longer supported.  Users are recommended to connect to Audible Manager to update old contents to type 4.

Include embedded album art support for MP3 playback

Thank you very much for the update…many great improvements.  I like the wrap around and the splash screens.

I still have a problem viewing all the songs I have on the 8GB fuze and 4GB microsdhc card.  I have 4912 songs stored and playable with wmp from explorer but the fuze only displays and plays 4120.

Could you indicate if there is a song limit in the database and if so, if it will be increased in the next upgrade.

If this is not a limit problem, I would appreciate any suggestions.  My songs are all wma 50VBR.  I have tried different splits between the fuze and microsd with close to a 4000 song limit each time.  Could this be due to the media format; wma vs mp3?

Thanks again

The song limit is as you described,  we will raise it at the next update.

Thanks for the update,  so far things look good.

I really like the new a-z z-a wrap around and the embedded album art support.

I really hit a “-doh-” moment when I was testing embedded alubm art support.  I erased all the folder.jpg files and then set the view album art in list option to “on” and looked at the album list and at first thought, it’s broken because no album art showed up next to the album art…then thought…duh!!! if that option is on you HAVE to have a folder.jpg file in the folder to read it.  When I actually played a file, the album art showed up just fine coming directly from the mp3 tag. 

I don’t really use that option anyway because I don’t like to lose the real estate on the screen for little barely readable thumbnails, so I turn off album art in list option.  But at least now when I play it, the album art does display properly.

Good work guys.

\o/

Thankyou for confirming the song limit at around 4000.  I really appreciate the confirmation since I thought it may be the unit or something I am doing…look forward to the next update.  This will allow me to buy a larger microsd card to store more songs.

I guess OGG and FLAC support took plenty of time to accomplish. Many here would have preferred support for navigation by a choice of folders or tags instead.

Just a really big THANK YOU from me.

Please excuse me now, I need to enjoy the delightfully crisp sound of some Ogg Vorbis tracks on my Fuze. :slight_smile:

Yes! I got it about 3 hours ago, and it’s great! Thanks SanDisk!

I’ve also been waiting 3 hours for MediaMonkey to convert all my music to ogg, and it’s getting boring…

I’m glad you added ogg, because that’s my favorite format. Also, the wrap around is great!

Love the new start up & shutdown screens. The USB screen is great, too. Embedded album art is useful because that’s what I have, and I’m tired of the blank art icon.

I see that you have decreased m3u loading time, I’ll have to try using one again!

Overall, great update.