Sansa Fuze 01.01.11 Latest Firmware Download

Suuure, tell us that there’ll be a new firmware, but don’t tell us any of the fixes/new features.

Aren’t you just a tease!  :wink:

>Suuure, tell us that there’ll be a new firmware, but don’t tell us any of the fixes/new features.

What about Ogg and Flac support :wink: ?

How many hours to go till the release? Just give me my sleep timer. Wrap-Around scrolling and a search function would be gd too.

Maybe they meant Monday…

No it should be available within one hour

If it doesn’t fix my “windows media center - (SMC)” issue, I’m exchanging my fuze for an Ipod…:manvery-happy:

it’s out already! Check with ur sansa updater program. :slight_smile:

SMC issue cannot be fixed with device firwmare,  need to get an SMC fix for that,  sorry.

Things I’ve noticed in the first few minutes…

New splash screen.

Ogg support! (Not tried FLAC yet).

Wrap-around listing.

Has anyone downloaded and installed the new Fuze firmware yet? What number does it say it is?  What’s the GUI look like? How much did it change?  I’m very interested in hearing all about it so I can decide if and when to give it a try…  Again our thanks to Sandisk and all the programmers testers and what not!   George and Penny

Video please!!  Show us the look! I wish Sandisk would address what all the fixes are and the changes made…  If one don’t like it can one revert back to the original firmware? George

MY WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER WORKS FINE BEFORE INSTALLING THE SMC..THIS IS A SANSA ISSUE..IS SANDISK GOING TO FIX THIS???

The latest Firmware version is 01.01.15. I’ve noticed 3 changes (so far) - see my previous post.

It doesn’t ‘look’ any different - no new wallpapers, but there’s a new splash screen for switching on and off.

I’m sure as people see the differences and what Sansa might have left out, they will list them here. 

@george_w wrote:
Has anyone downloaded and installed the new Fuze firmware yet? What number does it say it is?  What’s the GUI look like? How much did it change?  I’m very interested in hearing all about it so I can decide if and when to give it a try…  Again our thanks to Sandisk and all the programmers testers and what not!   George and Penny

“Extra! Extra! Read All About It!” :smiley:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=4880#M4880

Tapeworm,

Thank You!!!  George & Penny

I’m going to wait just a bit and read more reviews on how it’s working out for most!!  Then I must be brave!  Gulp:neutral_face:!! And give it a try for myself!!

Message Edited by George-W on 10-03-2008 01:49 PM

You have no reason to wait! Nothing is removed, only added. Since it’s an official release, it won’t mess up your Sansa either.

Let me ask a question. I read over the firmware update page and it seems there are two way’s to up date the fuze… one being to install the firmware updater and run it like in the how too video… or two just download the new firmware unzip it and plug in the fuze open my computer then then fuze folder then drag and drop the new firmware in that folder… Am I right in thinking that that’s the root directory of the fuze? I just have a laptop with limited space and would rather not install the updater if I don’t need too.  Just making sure I got it right… The root directory that is…  Thanks! George

• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
  • Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
  • Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze.
  • Disconnect the Sansa Fuze and let it begin the firmware update.
  • Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off. Turn it back on and once its back to the main menu, head to “System Settings” > “System Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.01.15"x".

Message Edited by George-W on 10-03-2008 05:15 PM

@gabe565 wrote:
You have no reason to wait! Nothing is removed, only added. Since it’s an official release, it won’t mess up your Sansa either.

Whoa . . . slow down there, pardner! Just because it’s an official release (there aren’t any un-official ones) doesn’t mean there aren’t any bugs in it. Case in point: the latest f/w release fo the e200 series v1 players (01.02.24). Many people rushed to update, only to find out the previous version (18) was more stable & problem-free. That was a long time ago. I don’t know if SanDisk is working on this or not, but a lot of people actually back-dated to the previous firmware.

I’m not saying there are any issues with this release; only that there _ could _ be. Many times when you fix one thing, another goes bonkers. The update’s only be out for a few hours, so it’s a little early to tell if all is well. The jury’s still out (as far as I’m concerned).

A lot of people have been raving about it so far, but most were very anxious about getting this update, so their enthusiasm may be overwhelming their common sense. It will take a few days or so for most people to run a ‘shakedown cruise’ and make sure everything is as it is supposed to be. We could even hear about a glitch caused by this weeks or months down the road.

Not trying to be a wet blanket or rain on anyone’s parade, but I think it’s prudent hold back a bit and reserve judgement on any software update or upgrade (not just SanDisk). :wink:

George -

You don’t need the Sansa Updater. It’s actually kind of a PITA. It tends to slow down the boot-up of your computer a bit and it alwasy wants to connect and search for an update every time you plug in your player. With the updates so far & few between, I can’t really see the benefit. Unless you’re not comfortable dragging & dropping the extracted file over.

The caution about making sure your battery charge is above 50% is a new one though. I’ve never seen that before !?!

Tapeworm,

Your right!  I was thinking more like you about not jumping the gun with the firmware up date at least till it was actually available then my brain went a bit bonkers… Maybe I should just slow down a bit. I was one of the ones that kept saying how much I liked the Fuze as is…  I downloaded a copy of the last firmware and the new firmware just in case… Maybe I should just try and hold out a week or so before thinking about installing it… Thanks for telling me about the installer… I run Norton’s 2008 and talk about a slow boot up! I don’t need anything more to slow me down…  I’m payed up for the next few months with that anti virus program but will be switching to AVG or Avast after that… Once again thank you for your help and input!!  George