Sansa Fuse suddently not visible on my computers

Hi all

My Sansa Fuse has been playing and connecting fine. No problems.

But this evening, my computers won’t recognize the Fuse (I’ve tried on two different computers).

It says “Connected” on the Fuse, but it dosen’t show up on the computer.

I’ve checked that the Fuse is in the right USB-mode, I’ve made a factory reset.

I’ve tried AutoUSB mode.

I’ve removed the 4 Gb MicroSDHC card (Sandisk original) that was in the player, and made another factory reset.

I’ve tried holding the hold/on button on the ‘ON’ setting for more than 10 seconds.

I’ve tried holding the hold/on button on the ‘ON’ setting for more than 10 seconds, while connected to the computer via USB. 

I’ve tried updating the firmware, but since the computer cannot ‘see’ the Fuse, it can’t update the player.

Windows Media Player (11) cannot see the Fuse (any USB-mode).

The Fuse does not show up as a drive (as it used to do) in my computer (any USB-mode).

Please help :cry:

The firmware is V01.02.15A

Sorry, typo. The firmware is V01.0 1.15A

Just tried on a 3rd computer. Same problem :angry:

Must be the player or the cable I guess?

If you’ve had no problems till just recently and have made no changes to your computer or Fuze, and you cannot connect on 3 different computers, I’d suspect the cable. May not be it, but I’d look there first.

I suspect the cable or connector pins.

My brand-new Fuze wasn’t  recognized with the supplied cable, but was when I switched to the one from my ver 1 Sansa e280. 

The e280 DOES work with the cable from the new Fuze.

Ok, thank you for your help.

I can’t really see how the cable could malfunction just like that, but then again, why should the player.

In Denmark it is impossible to buy just a cable, so I’ll contact the place where I bought it from, and check if they can send me a new cable, or if I have to return the whole package.

Thank you, once again, for taking time to help me.

Don’t know if it’s available or feasible in Denmark, but you might try E-Bay. They have a separate site in the UK as well. That might save you on shipping and/or VAT. Here in the States at least, you could buy just a cable or possibly a used or defective unit in which you could salvage the cable (and the battery and have a spare front cover plate in case yours gets scratched/broken). :smiley:

Don’t know if it’s available or feasible in Denmark, but you might try E-Bay. They have a separate site in the UK as well. That might save you on shipping and/or VAT. Here in the States at least, you could buy just a cable or possibly a used or defective unit in which you could salvage the cable. :smiley:

I had the same problem several months ago.  At first, Fuze would show up briefly on computer, then disappear although Fuze screen still said “connected” with spinning wheel.  Then it wouldn’t show up at all.  Tried all the gyrations you described with no joy.  Another symptom was that Fuze would not charge battery.  I didn’t have a second unit to play “swap the cable” so I contacted SanDisk support by phone and described the problem.  They replaced Fuze with a complete new package (player, cable, earphones, software disk, manual) under warranty and they paid shipping both ways.  Why spend your money trying to fix their defective product?