Sansa Fuse and Foobar2000

New Sansa Fuse owner.

I can drag / drop flac audio from my hard drive using Windows Explorer. But I cannot drag / drop from Foobar 2000 where I’ve organized my albums and playlists? Is it possible to do this?

< I’ve also got a mirror library using A-Tunes. Cannot drag / drop from there either. >

Thanks in advance.

Sansa is a V1, with latest Firmware updates and uses a 8 GB Micro SDHC. Sounds great and works great otherwise.

@glfnaz wrote:

New Sansa Fuse owner.

I can drag / drop flac audio from my hard drive using Windows Explorer. But I cannot drag / drop from Foobar 2000 where I’ve organized my albums and playlists? Is it possible to do this?

< I’ve also got a mirror library using A-Tunes. Cannot drag / drop from there either. >

Thanks in advance.

Sansa is a V1, with latest Firmware updates and uses a 8 GB Micro SDHC. Sounds great and works great otherwise.

Im not farmiliar with Foobar2000 but I dont believe that you can do what you are asking from any program, And even if you could It would not matter. The player doesnt care what order you put the files on the player in. It reads your files using Id3tags embedded in the file. SO if you edit the tags so they reflect the album, your player will be able to sort your albums for you. Playlists are a different story. I would suggest you search this forum, for PLaylists on the Fuze.

Rats, I was afraid of that.

When I get some new music I get

CD1, songs 1-7

CD2, Songs 1- 8

CD3, songs 1-7

I can put them in order of 1-22 in Foobar using tags.

But when I drop / drag from my personal “music vault” on my hard drive it gives me 3 number 1s 2 #2s, 3 #3s etc.

I’d rather get them in 1-22.

Glfnaz,

Scottsdale AZ

I use mp3tag (freeware) to change ID-tags on my audio files -it has got many useful features…works for me :wink:

@glfnaz wrote:

New Sansa Fuse owner.

In Foobar you take a selection (from playlist or album list) and right-click->send to device.

In preferences you can set up the path to use, whether to copy cover art, conversion if the music on your computer is a format unsupported by Fuze.

Message Edited by donp on 03-22-2009 08:23 AM

When I right click a playlist / album, “send to device” is not one of my options.

I have the latest release. Could I not be configured correctly?

Sorry… you need the “sendtodevice” plugin from http://fb2k.org/show.php?id=263

I thought that was there from the start, or maybe some checkbox on the foobar install program.

Perfect

Problem solved, thank you!

Donp, wow, interesting addition.  How exactly do I direct it to send to either “Internal Memory” or “External uSD card?”  In Windows Explorer neither the “Sansa 8gb Fuze” device itself nor either of the memory locations are assigned drive letters – they just appear by their names.  How do I define the “device path” for the Foobar send to destination?

Thanks. 

…Adding, if I read it correctly, this send to plugin will also convert flac to mp3 on the fly. Is that correct? 

@robisan wrote:

Donp, wow, interesting addition.  How exactly do I direct it to send to either “Internal Memory” or “External uSD card?”  In Windows Explorer neither the “Sansa 8gb Fuze” device itself nor either of the memory locations are assigned drive letters – they just appear by their names.  How do I define the “device path” for the Foobar send to destination?

Thanks. 

…Adding, if I read it correctly, this send to plugin will also convert flac to mp3 on the fly. Is that correct? 

On my setup (winxp, player in mass storage mode) the internal memory and card slot always come up as the same 2 letters, F: and G:.  I could not get this to work with the player’s formatted name, not sure if that’s a problem with XP or the plugin.  When I try to specify "Sansa2:\Music"  in prefs, it tries to transfer to "Sansa2_Music" which of course is nowhere to be found.

I haven’t checked the box, but there is a place in the prefs to specify the conversion command for non-mp3 files, defaulted to lame -v5

Thanks and it’s what I feared – I’ve been doing drag-and-drop exclusively under ‘Auto Detect,’ which Windows Explorer evidently defaults to MTP display/transfer mode. So to take advantage of this foobar plugin I’ll need to reformat the player drive (or otherwise delete all content) and reload under MSC… (sigh)

Off topic question – Does MSC mode refresh after every connection regardless of whether content has been added/removed?  (I connected in MSC, made no changes to content and the player refreshed the database upon disconnect. Under Auto Detect (MTP) it only refreshes if there’s been a change in content.)

@robisan wrote:

<–Snip–>

Off topic question – Does MSC mode refresh after every connection regardless of whether content has been added/removed?  (I connected in MSC, made no changes to content and the player refreshed the database upon disconnect. Under Auto Detect (MTP) it only refreshes if there’s been a change in content.)

It does on my player. But I notice that the refresh is faster than you would think when there is no change. On mine it maybe take 3-5 seconds

Thanks CB. My refresh seemed quite a bit longer and my 8gb Fuze takes quite a bit longer than my 8gb Clip.  I assume this is because of the 4gb uSD card (class 2) slows things down. It’s only an issue for me because I’m looking at getting a 16gb class 2 card as soon as the database limit is raised – then refreshes will be really slow. Looks like I’ll have to rely on the AC adapter for charging to avoid refreshing…