Sansa Customer Service is No GOOD!

I read this forum earlier and and thought that I probably will not have to face this kind of hassle. Please ignore this long mail. I meant to post this for the ADMINISTRATORS to see how their RMA department really is. They never give you a straight answer and ask you the same questions over and over again but don’t give an ANSWER! They have a term called “Solved” or “Unsolved”. I wonder whether anyone knows what that means???

I own two Sansa Fuze, which by judging from the emails from the Customer service, doubting whether it was a good thing to do. Anyway, in one case the on/off button stopped working after about 8 months or so. After many research and calling up the Sansa customer service, I discovered that they will replace it for free. I was Ecstatic!!! I got the RMA number, sent out the product, got the tracking number and found they have received the product on June 30, 2009. Now I wonder whether my mp3 player is lost for ever??

Here I post some of the copied e-mails that I got from Sansa. I have changed the RMA number and Name for my privacy.

I got following e-mail from them on July 6th:

Return Authorization ID: RX------
Item to be returned by Customer: SanDisk 8GB - Black - Sansa Fuze
SKU: SDMX14R-008GK
Serial Number: BI0—BIMK-8GB
Replacement Item: SanDisk 8GB - Black - Sansa Fuze

================================================================
Dear Mr./Ms.Ray:

We have received your 8GB - Black - Sansa Fuze as of 07/06/2009PST. Your replacement product can now be processed. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing and shipping. Please note it will ship within 7-10 business days based upon inventory.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
SanDisk Customer Support

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. Please Note: This e-mail is an automated message sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not attempt to reply to this message.

Now I have sent numerous e-mail and maded several calls to their customer service asking about what happened to my Fuze, but everytime I got this standard reply which is absolutely meaningless!!

fromSanDisk Support

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Subject
Fwd: Your #S# Return Authorization #RMA#

Discussion Thread
  (Mark Javier)07/23/2009 05:34 PM
Dear -------,

Thanks for emailing SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

Please be informed that we are currently updating our systems and due to this update, it is not unable to display the real status of your RMA. Please call our RMA department at 866 7263475 and choose option 6 to inquire about the status of your RMA.

Please refer to your http://support.sandisk.com anytime to see additional resources from SanDisk.

Also, you can visit http://kb.sandisk.com, our online keyword searchable Knowledgebase, to easily find answers to your Technical Support and Customer Service questions for all of SanDisk’s products. Simply enter your search terms and our Knowledgebase will search an extensive database of commonly asked questions as well as our online forums at http://www.sandisk.com/forums to provide you with the most complete answers possible.

Best regards,
Mark Javier
SanDisk Technical Support

Customer (-------  —)07/23/2009 11:28 AM
You STILL HAVE NOT given me a timeline when I can get my mp3 Player back.
Can you please write that to me???
What does it meand by “Solved”. I need my mp3 player back. 
--------

- Show quoted text - Customer (-------  —)07/21/2009 02:58 PM
To Whom It May Concern:

I have shipped this item end of June (see the following email) which was
received at your end on June 30, 09 (UPS tracking number
------------------).

It has been more than 3 weeks now and I have called your RMA dept. several
times, where I am told there is no record of this RMA. I have been told that
I will be called back within the end of the day, without any avail. I have
also been told that the call has been escalated to the customer service
department but I have not received any satisfactory response as of yet!

Could you please tell me what is going on? I am wondering whether this is a
error at your end or simply a scam? I really deserve to know! According to
your following e-mail, the replacement mp3 player should have been shipped
by now.

If I do not get a good service from Sandisk, it will set a bad precedence
and I will think twice before I buy a Sandisk product again and recommend
others to buy one.

I will look forward to hearing from you at the earliest.

-------   —

Question Reference #090721-001183
- Show quoted text -Product Level 1: Audio / Video Players
Product Level 2: Sansa Fuze
Product Level 3: 8GB
Product Level 4: Black
Date Created: 07/21/2009 02:58 PM
Last Updated: 07/23/2009 05:34 PM
Region:

[—001:003346:62595—]  

RMA Status [Incident: 090721-000465]
 Reply |SanDisk Support to me
show details 6:07 PM (17 hours ago) Reply

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
RMA Status

Discussion Thread
  (William Kalyani)07/23/2009 06:07 PM
Dear -------,

Thanks again for calling SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

Please refer to your http://support.sandisk.com anytime to see additional resources from SanDisk.

Also, you can visit http://kb.sandisk.com, our online keyword searchable Knowledgebase, to easily find answers to your Technical Support and Customer Service questions for all of SanDisk’s products. Simply enter your search terms and our Knowledgebase will search an extensive database of commonly asked questions as well as our online forums at http://www.sandisk.com/forums to provide you with the most complete answers possible.

Best regards,
William Kalyani

(Nick Nanda)07/21/2009 10:10 AM
Dear ------ ,

Thanks again for calling SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

Best regards,
Nick.N
SanDisk Customer Support

Question Reference #090721-000465
Product Level 1: Audio / Video Players
Date Created: 07/21/2009 09:56 AM
Last Updated: 07/23/2009 06:07 PM
Region:

[—001:001791:50842—]

Subject
RX------

Discussion Thread
  (Steve Kohli)07/20/2009 04:38 PM
Dear -------,

Best regards,
$incidents id 33435

Question Reference #090720-001792
Product Level 1: Audio / Video Players
Date Created: 07/20/2009 04:38 PM
Last Updated: 07/20/2009 04:38 PM
Region:

1.) This is a “User” Forum. While there are an Administrator and moderator here that are SanDisk employees, they do not work directly in the RMA or Tech Support depts. The rest of us are Sansa owners, just like you. So you post may not be seen by those you wish it to here.

2.) The “Solved” flag is for here on the forum to help people navigate quickly to a solution if they have the same issue as is being discussed in an existing thread. Only the OP (original poster) or the Admin/Mod cane mark a post as the “Accepted Solution”. This has nothing to do with SanbDisk’s Tech Support or RMA depts.

3.) SanDisk is in the process of switching over to a new system to better serve the needs of their customers. Unfortunately it is a huge task, and they are right in the middle of it now, so customer service and replacements are not being handled as efficiently as they’d like. Please read this posted 2 days ago in the Announcements board.

1.) This is a “User” Forum. While there are an Administrator and moderator here that are SanDisk employees, they do not work directly in the RMA or Tech Support depts. The rest of us are Sansa owners, just like you. So your post may not be seen by those you wish it to here.

2.) The “Solved” flag is for here on the forum to help people navigate quickly to a solution if they have the same issue as is being discussed in an existing thread. Only the OP (original poster) or the Admin/Mod cane mark a post as the “Accepted Solution”. This has nothing to do with SanbDisk’s Tech Support or RMA depts.

3.) SanDisk is in the process of switching over to a new system to better serve the needs of their customers. Unfortunately it is a huge task, and they are right in the middle of it now, so customer service and replacements are not being handled as efficiently as they’d like. Please read this posted 2 days ago in the Announcements board.

1.) This is a “User” Forum. While there are an Administrator and moderator here that are SanDisk employees, they do not work directly in the RMA or Tech Support depts. The rest of us are Sansa owners, just like you. So your post may not be seen by those you wish it to here.

2.) The “Solved” flag is for here on the forum to help people navigate quickly to a solution if they have the same issue as is being discussed in an existing thread. Only the OP (original poster) or the Admin/Mod can mark a post as the “Accepted Solution”. This has nothing to do with SanDisk’s Tech Support or RMA depts.

So, while you’re understandably anxious and upset at the delay, please be patient. You have not been forgotten. :smiley:

Well, I wrote to Sandisk customer service again, but no answer. It looks like I lost it!

Tapeworm: By any chance do you work for Sandisk? If so, can you push through your contacts to get me my mp3 player back? I think you may have missed the entire point of my previous post. I am upset, confused about Sandisk customer service’s behavior and of course want to inform the readers about the facts, so people can judge for themselves if it is worth going through this ordeal and buy a Sandisk product.

Sray -

As I said before:

[The rest of us are Sansa owners, just like you.]

Did you try calling as suggested in the post I linked to in my reply? If you were unable or unwilling to click on the link, let me cut & paste it here:

SanDisk is in the process of migrating to a new customer support solution. We are sorry for any inconvenience, we expect to complete this transition in next 2 weeks to provide you with an improved customer experience. Please expect a short delay in regards to warranty replacements. For questions regarding the replacement please contact our RMA department at 866-726-3475 option 6 and provide your RMA number.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

I can’t undestand why you would write to them again and get upset because they haven’t had the time to respond yet, when you (and everyone) is invited and encouraged to CALL to check the status of their warranty replacment.

sray,

Your replacment shipped today. I have sent your tracking information to you through the SanDisk support system.

Best Regards,

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

I agree I am also getting the run around with the Indian customer service. They took away the email boxes so not there in no way to follow your RMA progress. I do not think I will ever buy a Sansa product again. This is the second unit that has just stopped working. I think sansa deservers my special attention of going to every consumer rating sight and getting a terrible review.

Return Authorization ID: RX374461
Item to be returned by Customer: SanDisk 2GB - Black - Sansa Clip
SKU: SDMX11R-002GK
Serial Number: BE0903BLFK-2GB / SDMX11R-002GK-A57
Replacement Item: SanDisk 2GB - Black - Sansa Clip

:robotmad: this is their response. This means nothingexcept :robotvery-happy: wait 7 more days for us to tell you :robotvery-happy: again.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Message Edited by microsansa on 08-14-2009 06:59 AM

How do I get in touch with Customer Service? I was authorized to return a 2GB sansa Clip which I did on 7/9/09. A replacement was to have been sent in 2 weeks. It has been 22 days and the link for communications w/ customer service has been done away with! After I returned it this is the message that I received: Ihave expReturn Authorization ID: RX375027
Item to be returned by Customer: SanDisk 2GB - Black - Sansa Clip
SKU: SDMX11R-002GK
Serial Number: BE0810BHUK
Replacement Item: SanDisk 2GB - Black - Sansa Clip

================================================================
Dear Mr./Ms.Boozer:

We have received your 2GB - Black - Sansa Clip as of 07/09/2009PST. Your replacement product can now be processed. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing and shipping. Please note it will ship within 7-10 business days based upon inventory.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=announcement&thread.id=185 

Thank you slotmonsta for you help. According to the UPS shipping schedule, I should recieve it today.

I appreciate Sandisk replacing the unit, but I believe it would be nice if they give proper timeline when to expect it rather than write generic emails with timelines the customer service can’t adhere too.

July 12th. Still no replacement. These liars tried to tell me the whole company was out of Sansa clips. I guess all the Chinese must be on vacation.

I WILL NEVER EVER EVER BUY OR RECCOMEND A SANSA PRODUCT TO ANYONE!

Wow 8 months and they said they would send you another one? Just how long is the warranty on the Fuze anyways?

@marcose wrote:
Wow 8 months and they said they would send you another one? Just how long is the warranty on the Fuze anyways?

In the U.S., it’s one year.

Oh great so that $20 2-year coverage I bought with Best Buy for my Fuze was $10 overpriced…perfect.

@marcose wrote:
Oh great so that $20 2-year coverage I bought with Best Buy for my Fuze was $10 overpriced…perfect.

Radio Shack does the same thing…they sold me a year warranty ( for $10 IIRC ) on a pair of earphones that had a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer, and not knowing any better I bought it.

Well they finally sent me a replacement a refurbished one. It has been 2 weeks and it is already broken. It fried just like the last one; it will not charge and is completely dead. I think the problem is that the charging port is exposed to the air allowing moisture to short out the connections. Like most cell phones the charging connector needs a rubber plug when not in use. Like I said I will never buy another Sansa product again.

Do you live in the tropics? Take your Sansa in the shower? (And if it’s a Clip, what are you doing on the Fuze board…but I digress…)

I have had an E200 for 3 years and a Fuze for more than a year with no charging problem. Both have open sockets, and I do not live in a dry climate by any means. 

It would take a whole lot of work to get them to corrode beyond usability in two weeks.   

You’re not plugging it into an iPod charger by any chance, are you? Because they are not compatible and pretty much guaranteed to fry if you do that. The plugs are different inside.

If the refurb “broke” in two weeks, I’m sure you can send it back. Funny that it’s exactly the same problem, though. I really suggest you take a close look at your charger. iPod chargers are for iPods. 

anyone  that  has messed with item replacement knows it can take a long time before its replaced. they say 7 to 10 buisness days as a general reply to show they recieved your item and in the process of getting the new item or if they can repair it back to you asap as they can. but no one can fore see delays in getting  it back to you. every company has them and you have to realize its out of their control.