Sansa Customer Service is No GOOD!

How do I get in touch with Customer Service? I was authorized to return a 2GB sansa Clip which I did on 7/9/09. A replacement was to have been sent in 2 weeks. It has been 22 days and the link for communications w/ customer service has been done away with! After I returned it this is the message that I received: Ihave expReturn Authorization ID: RX375027
Item to be returned by Customer: SanDisk 2GB - Black - Sansa Clip
SKU: SDMX11R-002GK
Serial Number: BE0810BHUK
Replacement Item: SanDisk 2GB - Black - Sansa Clip

================================================================
Dear Mr./Ms.Boozer:

We have received your 2GB - Black - Sansa Clip as of 07/09/2009PST. Your replacement product can now be processed. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing and shipping. Please note it will ship within 7-10 business days based upon inventory.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=announcement&thread.id=185 

Thank you slotmonsta for you help. According to the UPS shipping schedule, I should recieve it today.

I appreciate Sandisk replacing the unit, but I believe it would be nice if they give proper timeline when to expect it rather than write generic emails with timelines the customer service can’t adhere too.

July 12th. Still no replacement. These liars tried to tell me the whole company was out of Sansa clips. I guess all the Chinese must be on vacation.

I WILL NEVER EVER EVER BUY OR RECCOMEND A SANSA PRODUCT TO ANYONE!

Wow 8 months and they said they would send you another one? Just how long is the warranty on the Fuze anyways?

@marcose wrote:
Wow 8 months and they said they would send you another one? Just how long is the warranty on the Fuze anyways?

In the U.S., it’s one year.

Oh great so that $20 2-year coverage I bought with Best Buy for my Fuze was $10 overpriced…perfect.

@marcose wrote:
Oh great so that $20 2-year coverage I bought with Best Buy for my Fuze was $10 overpriced…perfect.

Radio Shack does the same thing…they sold me a year warranty ( for $10 IIRC ) on a pair of earphones that had a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer, and not knowing any better I bought it.

Well they finally sent me a replacement a refurbished one. It has been 2 weeks and it is already broken. It fried just like the last one; it will not charge and is completely dead. I think the problem is that the charging port is exposed to the air allowing moisture to short out the connections. Like most cell phones the charging connector needs a rubber plug when not in use. Like I said I will never buy another Sansa product again.

Do you live in the tropics? Take your Sansa in the shower? (And if it’s a Clip, what are you doing on the Fuze board…but I digress…)

I have had an E200 for 3 years and a Fuze for more than a year with no charging problem. Both have open sockets, and I do not live in a dry climate by any means. 

It would take a whole lot of work to get them to corrode beyond usability in two weeks.   

You’re not plugging it into an iPod charger by any chance, are you? Because they are not compatible and pretty much guaranteed to fry if you do that. The plugs are different inside.

If the refurb “broke” in two weeks, I’m sure you can send it back. Funny that it’s exactly the same problem, though. I really suggest you take a close look at your charger. iPod chargers are for iPods. 

anyone  that  has messed with item replacement knows it can take a long time before its replaced. they say 7 to 10 buisness days as a general reply to show they recieved your item and in the process of getting the new item or if they can repair it back to you asap as they can. but no one can fore see delays in getting  it back to you. every company has them and you have to realize its out of their control.

I have been fighting with “lack of Support” as well.  Now I can’t log into my account. can’t reset the password, cant open a new account, so I cant track my RMA.  It only takes 6 people to file a class action suit.  Any one interested?

brands01 wrote:
I have been fighting with “lack of Support” as well.  Now I can’t log into my account. can’t reset the password, cant open a new account, so I cant track my RMA.  It only takes 6 people to file a class action suit.  Any one interested?

This could be related to SanDisk moving to a new customer support solution see the sticky in the Announcements board. If you can PM me your details I will be happy to look into your RMA and work with SanDisk Tech support to find the best solution for you.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

yes, i also noticed that they moved to another customer support solution, and after talking with a support agent it seems that soon enough, if not already they added the option to contact directly from the KB.  Kindly let me know if you have issues, so that i can forward it to the tech support.

@sorinodc wrote:
yes, i also noticed that they moved to another customer support solution, and after talking with a support agent it seems that soon enough, if not already they added the option to contact directly from the KB.  Kindly let me know if you have issues, so that i can forward it to the tech support.

So are you saying you’re an employee & member of SanDisk’s Customer Service Dept? If so, great . . . say so.

If not, please don’t imply that you are and muddy the waters for people having to contact SanDisk for a replacement. One more intermediary or link in the chain will only confuse people already frustrated with having to go through this in the 1st place and slow down the process further exasperating the problem.

let us remain normal people, mister GOD… i am just tryin` to gave a hand of helping… and also i do not imply anything.

@sorinodc wrote:
let us remain normal people, mister GOD… i am just tryin` to gave a hand of helping… and also i do not imply anything 

Here is the thing that you run into on these forums. You were not implying you were anything you were just trying to help. BUT your other post could lead people to the misconception that you work for or have a personal connection to tech support… “Kindly let me know if you have issues so that I can forward it to the tech support”… Can you see how this might confuse a new member or someone with very minimal experience? There is a language barrier on this forum so it becomes imperative that you spell out what you are trying to say in the simplest english you can use. So… Lets all keep hoping that the end of Sandisk’s customer service transition is smooth and soon, and let us all continue to use this site to help each other.

point taken.:wink:

Are you familiar with the sport of baseball?

Your other post in the Clip+ board asking a question, then admitting you just wanted to see how long it would take to get a response was

STRIKE 1

I would say this thread leading people to believe that you’re a big-shot with SanDisk and can expedite their RMA procedure when in fact you can’t do anything of the sort certainly qualifies as

STRIKE 2

You DO know what happens next, don’t you?

I don’t know where you’re from, but are you familiar with the sport of baseball?

Your other post in the Clip+ board asking a question, then admitting you just wanted to see how long it would take to get a response was

STRIKE 1

I would say this thread leading people to believe that you’re a big-shot with SanDisk and can expedite their RMA procedure when in fact you can’t do anything of the sort certainly qualifies as

STRIKE 2

You DO know what happens next, don’t you?