Sandisk flash drives & Fuze

@oobergeek wrote:

that used to be a problem with me with the e200 series not the Fuze. I must say that your post puzzles me becaue I’ve had my Fuze for almost 18 months now and have never had a problem connecting it to either my computers or to SMC.This is just a guess but I know that some people have had problems working with the Fuze when it was on Autodetect…this feature was buggy on some players. I have had thumb drives connected while having my Fuze plugged in…everything worked fine. Maybe a USB MODE problem with your Fuze?. My thinking is whatever I’m doing the most with my Fuze: ie drag’n dropping music on it, I set the mode to MSC and just leave it there until I NEED to change it.

Ever since I learned what Autodetect is and that it defaults to M$ MTP, I use MSC mode, unless absolutely necessary.

And that was necessary on the other machine, which would convert (via SMC) only in that mode.  That got resolved recently as the machine had to be rebuilt.

So, the mode is MSC, OS is XP, and happens so far only with Sandisk USBs; non-Sandisk ones did not cause any issues.