SanDisk Sansa Fuze compatibility with Sony BRAVIA HDTV

Okay,

I got a new HDTV,It’s a Sony BRAVIA and it has a USB port.The Catalog says that You can enjoy  photo/music/video files stored in a Sony digital still Camera or camcorder through a USB cable or USB storage device on you’r TV.So can I connect my Sansa Fuze to the TV?If so in which USB mode should I connect?

And by the way I also have a 8Gig SDHC in my Sansa Fuze. 

Thanks a lot,

Take Care. 

SR-rox wrote:

Okay,

I got a new HDTV,It’s a Sony BRAVIA and it has a USB port.The Catalog says that You can enjoy  photo/music/video files stored in a Sony digital still Camera or camcorder through a USB cable or USB storage device on you’r TV.So can I connect my Sansa Fuze to the TV?If so in which USB mode should I connect?

And by the way I also have a 8Gig SDHC in my Sansa Fuze. 

Thanks a lot,

Take Care. 

Most likely MSC mode. And I think you would only get music, not photos.

Hey Marvin,

Thanks a LOT for you’r QUICK reply.I just connected my Sansa Fuze to the TV and you were right.You can only play Music,not Video or Photo.I connected it in MSC mode.Both the Internal Memory and SDHC card gets recognized no problem.Music plays just fine.:slight_smile:

Thank again,

Take Care. 

SR-rox wrote:

Hey Marvin,

Thanks a LOT for you’r QUICK reply.I just connected my Sansa Fuze to the TV and you were right.You can only play Music,not Video or Photo.I connected it in MSC mode.Both the Internal Memory and SDHC card gets recognized no problem.Music plays just fine.:slight_smile:

Thank again,

Take Care. 

That’s cool, I was wondering if the internal memory would show up. Does it sound good?

Sound good?Ummm…well if you’re listening to it from the Speakers of the TV itself.It has no BASS whatsoever.But if you transfer the sound to the home theater I bet it would sound Fantastic.I also bought a Blu-Ray theater and I still have to connect it up.I’ll let you know the results once I do. :slight_smile:

Also the Cover Art shows awesome in the TV when you play Music from the Sansa.No playback issues yet. :slight_smile:

Thank’s again,

Take Care 

Per below, you can view photos from a non-Sony cam source:

I expect video to follow similar format, as long as codecs match those on Sony cams. AVCHD would certainly work. XviD/DivX won’t.

Best use of the USB port would be with a 2.5" USB drive (assuming port is powered), which has more capacity and is faster than flash. A few bucks more can get you the same 2.5" shell with multimedia capability, and you can watch most videos, including XviD/H.264 ones. A mini-media extender, if you will.