SanDisk Developing 128 GB Micro-SD!!!!

To those who have a larger music library than what can be recognized by the current song limit and feel that SanDisk somehow ‘misled’ you or should have ‘disclosed’ the song limit on the packaging, consider this:

SanDisk has no control over what content, in what format, at what bit-rate you decide to fill up their cards with.

As the fuze also plays video (when you can get it converted right with SMC), a logical suppostion would be that videos would be part of the mix, and the song limit would not be an issue.

These memory cards, while a great boon to mp3 player owners, are in fact used more with cellphones, cameras, etc. We are not the main market or the target audience for them, so in the grand scheme of things, our ‘needs’ are but a fly-speck on the wall as far as the overall marketing of memory cards are concerned.

Although this varies a bit, a lot of car’s speedometers goes up to 120 mph (or used to anyway). Very few, if any will come anywhere close to that ‘limit’. I don’t see this ‘disclosed’ on the window sticker (packaging), nor would I feel I had been cheated or mis-led if I bought it, took it out and could only get it up to 82 mph.

No claims were made as far as how many songs can be placed on the player/card combination and be recognized by the ‘brain’ of the unit. All SanDisk has done is give the public what it wants in these memory cards. More storage in less space. And that’s getting better all the time.

In fact, the 1st post of this thread is about that very subject and what the expectations are for the future. When these ‘ginormous’ cards come out, I’m sure there will be mp3 players (or whatever the format of the day is then) that can utilize the capacity of these cards, and our Fuzes & even the e200’s will still be going strong, but with the same limitations that we have now.