SanDisk Developing 128 GB Micro-SD!!!!

@aircraftkiller wrote:

Then you should do research before you purchase goods, or look at the words “expandability” a bit closer. Regardless of limits, your player is expandable. That is an accurate advertisement. However, if you bought the Fuze thinking it’d be a replacement for a hard drive player, you’re looking to get gold out of a silver mine. The Fuze wasn’t designed for that kind of functionality. It’s a basic MP3 player with frills.

I’ll thank you to refrain from drawing conclusions about my research practices – the due dilgence, as it were, was done – and from any further personal attacks, mild or otherwise.

“Expandable” may well be an accurate description, but a misleadingly incomplete one.  The Fuze’s limit is relevant, and should be stated on the packaging.  If that limit were some number that was beyond the ability of today’s memory cards to hold, it would be different, but the commonly available microSD cards of today – a large percentage of which is made by SanDisk itself! – make it easy to exceed the limit even at 256 kbps encoding.  There is simply no reason for prospective buyers to assume they couldn’t fill up a microSD card, pop it in the Fuze and then for it not to play.

I will agree with you however that the Fuze is pretty much just a basic MP3 player with frills.  Sadly, I will now agree with you about that.