SMC will not convert.

My SMC will not convert any videos I ask it too. I will click on “Add media”, and choose any of my videos, then it will come up with a notice “This file, C:/bahbhawhereeveritis, cannot be converted. Please install corect codec first. If it can play on your PC, it should be able to convert”

The problem is is that my PC can play .mpg files and .mp4 and .avi files, so why can’t SMC convert it? 

Thanks in Advance,

Mark

PS I have the latest version of SMC downloaded it yesterday,

The SMC is a product that shouldn’t even need to exist.

The player should simply be able to properly handle native video formats.

You don’t need to convert any video you get from iTunes for an iPod.

You shouldn’t have to do it for a Sansa player either.

Mark,

Don’t hold your breath…many of us have been asking these questions, but no answers nor fixes will be the result of your questions…I have been looking for an answer to the smc issue for weeks.

Your question will either be totally ignored, or just one non helpful answer will be supplied…don’t bother asking for clarification…it WILL NOT COME.

I have asked for help several times , getting very ticked in the process…only to be ignored.

The issues of the audio lag and the unreliability of dvd recording are HUGE issues that apparently won’t even be acknowledged, never mind fixed!

As I have said before, after trying to copy about 6 dvds with smc. only 2 worked…this after a LONG time going through the conversion process.

I CHALLENGE the administrators to actually adress this issue with something other than the token responses we have been receiving.

I’m beginning to agree with the sentiment already spoken…if you want the Fuze for watching videos…DON’T bother!

I should have mentioned that I was able to convert both these formats before I had to do a reinstall. I am going to try the older version, the version I had with my Fuze before.

I have to disagree with you on the video thing,as i have  35 plus hours of video on my Fuze at present.I have ripped DVD’s and downloaded video files.Have you tried AnyVideo convertor? Stick with converting to mpeg and avi before running them through the SMC and you should be in buisness.Also,make sure you have enough room on your rig or the SMC conversion will fail. 

@shmince wrote:
I have to disagree with you on the video thing,as i have  35 plus hours of video on my Fuze at present.I have ripped DVD’s and downloaded video files.Have you tried AnyVideo convertor? Stick with converting to mpeg and avi before running them through the SMC and you should be in buisness.Also,make sure you have enough room on your rig or the SMC conversion will fail. 

I use anydvdconverter (same as any videoconverter really).  Then I put them on SMC and they convert fine. 

shmince, how much gb did you have for 35 plus hours of video? 

I have the 8gb Fuze with a 8gb microSD card for a chaser.Right now i have 858 songs,39 photos and 1 podcast.So most of my free space is taken up with TV shows which i enjoy watching on my lunch breaks at work.