SD or SDHD?

I have a Sanza Fuze 2gb and I need more memory.  SD or SDHD?  I’m so confused!  Which one do I buy?  I’ve tried reading everything but can’t find the answer.  Can anyone help me?   

@samiamforsure wrote:

I have a Sanza Fuze 2gb and I need more memory.  SD or SDHD?  I’m so confused!  Which one do I buy?  I’ve tried reading everything but can’t find the answer.  Can anyone help me?   

To be honest its irrelevant. Find a size that you like for the cost. SD is basically cards smaller then 4 gig. SDHC is bigger. Both work fine. So as I said Decide what you want to spend and get the biggest card you can or you can just get a card the size you think you need and use it. Dont worry about the rest.

Thank you so much.  Now I can go buy some memory. :smileyvery-happy:

There’s posts about the size of microsdhc cards, but so far nothing about the class – 2, 4 and 6.  Opinions anyone?

The class, as I understand it, is mostly about speed related to writing data to the card.  As the Fuze doesn’t write to the card, it really shouldn’t make any difference.

Now if you also wanted to use the card in, say, your DSLR, and want to take multiple pictures without waiting, then you might consider paying the premium and getting a faster card.

@tenzip wrote:

The class, as I understand it, is mostly about speed related to writing data to the card.  As the Fuze doesn’t write to the card, it really shouldn’t make any difference.

Now if you also wanted to use the card in, say, your DSLR, and want to take multiple pictures without waiting, then you might consider paying the premium and getting a faster card.

It plays a role in transfer speed as well. Here is what the SD association has to say on the subject. And Im guessin they would know since they make the standards for SD cards.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 03-22-2009 10:08 PM

All would be adequate for music needs. The faster speed (higher Class #) might theoretically affect video playback, but I can’t say as I’ve noticed any issues in that regard with Class 2 cards. The longest videos I have though are 1/2 hour. No movies, just TV shows.

Yes, that’s what I thought – that a class 4 would make transfer time much shorter, as in the case of transfering alot of videos or photos.  And may make video playback better.  Class 6 is probably overkill. 

Still, I haven’t read what the SD association has to say.  Thanks for link Conversionbox!

@mags1230 wrote:

Yes, that’s what I thought – that a class 4 would make transfer time much shorter, as in the case of transfering alot of videos or photos.  And may make video playback better.  Class 6 is probably overkill. 

Still, I haven’t read what the SD association has to say.  Thanks for link Conversionbox!

Actually what Tape said is basically what SDA had to say, except they used bigger words.