SANSA FUZE GETS WARM/HOT WHEN CONNECTED TO COMPUTER

I GOT MY FUZE A DAY AGO AND WHENVER I PLUG IT INTO THE COMPUTER TO GET CHARGED OR WHATEVER, IT STARTS TO GET HOT. THE HEAT GOES AWAY REALLY QUICKLY ONCE IT IS REMOVED FROM THE COMPUTER. IS THIS NORMAL OR SHOULD I GO GET IT REFUNDED/FIXED? PLEASE HELP, AND THANKS.

Whoa, calm down. No need to yell. Most electronic devices generate heat when in use, and small handheld devices especially do when they’re charging or running a lot of operations. Unless your device is getting literally too hot to handle, I wouldn’t worry about it. Then again, we’ve all heard about the (rare) exploding laptop batteries and such, so don’t set it on a pile of toilet paper or dry twigs while it’s plugged in if you’re worried about it.

And if it does fry, I’m sure SanDisk will replace it. Keep your warranty card on file. 

wow, mine does it too i didnt go crazy i just knew it was because it was charging

Message Edited by iceboyonline on 08-30-2008 06:13 PM

When first connected, the Fuze will charge the battery at the high rate, which will warm the device.  After a short period, it switches to the low rate, and it will feel notably cooler.

Bob  :wink:

thanks so much for the help :slight_smile: and i was not yelling lol, it was just because i left my caps lock on.

This happened to me to, and now the Fuze won’t read the USB and can’t connect to my computer