SANSA FUZE 8GB NOT RECOGNIZED AND UNABLE TO VIEW MP3s

I understand there are multiple posts about this issue but I don’t have an issue with the whole MTP, MSC modes.

I can connect my Sansa Fuze to any other computer except my netbook at home and it’s recognized as a generic USB Device with numerous files and I could manually drag and drop files and even copy files from the device onto other locations. It’d be amazingly easy: it’d connect, the auto message would come up or I could either click it.

My Computer > Sansa Fuze > Music > then a list of the artists of the mp3s on my player would appear.

I didn’t have to use Windows Media Player, Winmap or any other of those crappy connecters to syncronize music to it. I’d just navigate to it when it connected and then right click > New Folder > and manually name the folder as the artist of the mp3 I’m adding or click on another folder that was already on there and add onto it if it’s by an artist priorly on the player.

It’s painfully complex to type out or explain but it was fairly easy to execute for me. Now, when I connect it, it’s unrecognizable. I’ve tried connected it as MTP and MSC and it doesn’t change. I can put NEW mp3 files onto the player but I can’t view or manipulate my old ones on there. When I turn the player on it shows them as all being there and the new ones as well but I want to see ALL of them when I connect it to my comp. 

It doesn’t work when I connect it in Auto Detect either. When I connect it like that, it’s not even recognized. It connects to the comp and charges but I can’t pull it up in My Computer even after I uninstall it under the Device Manager.

I just want my player to connect to my comp like it used to where I can view all of my files…

I recently did a PC Recovery since my speakers didn’t work. I have an Acer netbook and I clicked eRecovery to repair it. The speakers work but I lost all my data and the Sansa’s just not recognized… 

It could be a dying cord. I have had “not recognized” messages and switching the cord ended the problem. E200 and Fuze cords are the same, and you can get a generic one for $3 to $5 on Amazon.

If your music is unprotected and you have all the music on your pc, then format the player using the player’s menu, set the USB mode on the player to MSC, and reload the music on the player.

Your computer only sees files that were transferred in one mode at a time. MTP or MSC. The Fuze doesn’t care how they got there, but your computer does. 

Re-reading your post, it seems that you added old files in one mode and are now adding new files in another. You may have been using MTP in the old computer, but are now using MSC.

The netbook may have Windows XP with Windows Media Player 9. MTP needs WMP 10 or above. So until you upgrade to a newer Windows Media Player (free from support.microsoft.com)  your netbook won’t be able to see the files sent over in MTP. And Auto Detect will send you to MSC if it doesn’t find WMP 10 or above.

JK98 had the solution: Empty it (Format) and send everything over in MSC. 

It was always on Auto Detect when I transferred files onto the player. I’ll try getting a new cord, mine’s pretty old. 

Like I said, I put it on Auto and the comp doesn’t even recognize it. I put it in MSC or MTP and I see NO mp3s or any data on the player whatsoever. Do I need to re-download the Sansa software? 

meekimoo wrote:

It was always on Auto Detect when I transferred files onto the player. I’ll try getting a new cord, mine’s pretty old. 

Like I said, I put it on Auto and the comp doesn’t even recognize it. I put it in MSC or MTP and I see NO mp3s or any data on the player whatsoever. Do I need to re-download the Sansa software? 

Try setting Windows to “show hidden files and folders” and try again.

No luck with that either; I’ve already tried that. And, there appears to be no problem with the cord. I use it to connect to other comps and I can view my mp3s on the device just fine. It’s just on my Acer netbook that I can’t view them. I thought it might be a software problem as I haven’t gotten the “Sansa Software” but that doesn’t appear to be a problem at other comps.

If you have copies of all your music on your PCs, then I suggest you try this. Format the Fuze using the player’s menu. Set the USB mode on the FUZE to MSC. Remove the card if there is one in the player. I have a feeling that the Fuze might be able to connect to your netbook after this if you try to connect it while the netbook is connected to AC power and no other usb peripherals are connected to it. Just a guess, but an easy enough experiment to do if you have copies of all your music on your PCs.

meekimoo wrote:
I use it to connect to other comps and I can view my mp3s on the device just fine. It’s just on my Acer netbook that I can’t view them.

Connecting to laptops is commonly problematic due to their power-conservation circuitry and programming.

Try plugging it into a different USB port. I had the same problem, and my Front USB ports are acting up, so I plugged it into a rear port and it connected. Your USB port might be shot, damaged, or not getting enough power to support the usage of the device.

@thatpurplefox wrote:

Try plugging it into a different USB port. I had the same problem, and my Front USB ports are acting up, so I plugged it into a rear port and it connected. Your USB port might be shot, damaged, or not getting enough power to support the usage of the device.

This wouldn’t happen with USB  3.0 ports.  Its goes from a power output from about 100 miliamps on a USB 2.0 port to 900 milliamps!

I’m dying to know this answer,thanks a lot.Thanks a lot!