Roll back firmware update

Hi there, 

Is there any way to roll back the firmware upgrade? I put on the Hebrew firmware 01.01.15 - wondering if I can take that off and put the regular English one? Is there a way or do I just wait for the next firmware upgrade and use the English one? I was told from looking at other posts here that for it to recognize Hebrew it needs UTF-16 encoding - but my s/w EasyTag for Linux only can do utf16 for id3v2 and the fuze only uses id3v1 correct?

I am so frustrated with this.

if i were you i would try manualy updating it with the english version.

@nech770 wrote:

Hi there, 

Is there any way to roll back the firmware upgrade? I put on the Hebrew firmware 01.01.15 - wondering if I can take that off and put the regular English one? Is there a way or do I just wait for the next firmware upgrade and use the English one? I was told from looking at other posts here that for it to recognize Hebrew it needs UTF-16 encoding - but my s/w EasyTag for Linux only can do utf16 for id3v2 and the fuze only uses id3v1 correct?

I am so frustrated with this.

You can manually install the current, but English version of the latest firmware. There is also a post here with a link to the previous version if you want to ‘back-date’. I don’t have the link handy, but you should be able to search & find it.

I’m not sure if the Fuze’s latest firmware supports UTF-encoded tags or not, Normally the ISO version works better. But it DOES require the ID3v2.3, NOT the v1 variety. The next f/w release is supposed to also allow v2.4 tags if I remember correctly. It was originally scheduled for release in November, but it’s in QA tesing right now, so probably won’t come out until the first part of December.

Do I need to delete the old file from the Fuze - the Fuzeh.bin file? and then drag over the other one? Once I upgrade does the bin file need to stay on the machine or is it just a setup/upgrade file that once it is applied is not needed anymore? Sorry for the silly questions but I am new to this and want to learn and not mess things up and brick my Fuze.

There’s no way/need to remove what’s already on there. Just install the correct f/w version. The .bin file will install the f/w & then bascially dis-appear once it’s job is done. Just do it the way you did before and you and your Fuze will be fine.

I found the post with the link to the last (01.01.11) f/w version. Or you can just use the ‘A’ version of the current one.

For manual firmware installation, simply unzip the compressed firmware file and place it in the root directory of the Fuze.

When the Fuze boots, it performs a check for a new firmware binary file in the root directory.  If you’ve placed the file in the root, it will automatically replace its current firmware with the one you’ve placed there.

This can be done either in MSC or MTP mode.  The only difference with MTP mode is that you must first double-click on “Internal Memory” to access the root durectory.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: