Rockbox?

That’s all you got? Just the menu screen? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok earthworm , here are some more pictures, but without screendump:

Ahh, pretty colors . . . me like! :smileyvery-happy:

What’s that game running in the 3rd picture? Looks like a FPS (first person shooter) game. That isn’t included in my Rockbox version. Or is it an additional plug-in?

All you need is to download a windows simulator for fuze from that page: http://rasher.dk/rockbox/simulator/. Or compile it by yourself if you use linux.

Message Edited by g3u5 on 06-25-2009 07:08 AM

@tapeworm wrote:

Ahh, pretty colors . . . me like! :smileyvery-happy:

What’s that game running in the 3rd picture? Looks like a FPS (first person shooter) game. That isn’t included in my Rockbox version. Or is it an additional plug-in?

Looks like Doom to me. It’s been available for Rockbox for other players for a few years. Can’t say about the Fuze port.

Yep, that’s Doom.  What you gotta do is, go to “Plug-in–>Games—>Doom.” It should be there.  When you play it, if it says something is missing, just go to the Rockbox website and download the plug-in.

Marvin_Martian wrote: 

Impressive…if you like the reflection of a camera flash.:stuck_out_tongue:

Kill the flash, and you can get a little clearer shot, though this is Linux on e200 rather than Rockbox on Fuze.

@donp wrote:

Kill the flash, and you can get a little clearer shot, though this is Linux on e200 rather than Rockbox on Fuze.

MUST HAVE.

Does it have networking of any kind? :smiley:

NO!!! What do you think?

No connection for networking.  Maybe if they incorporate the new USB code that rockbox has…

It plays music, but overall not as solid as rockbox. 

Yes, Rockbox can not only play music but, for example, can make you a cup of coffee for breakfast.

@g3u5 wrote:

Yes, Rockbox can not only play music but, for example, can make you a cup of coffee for breakfast.

They must’ve used a java script in writing it. :stuck_out_tongue:

rock box can be found for the sansa fuze here

@thekool wrote:
rock box can be found for the sansa fuze here

This is NOT an official version, and is NOT recommended by the Rockbox developers. If you play around with it, you do it at your own risk!

And the link is to a blog for Linux users only.

Nevertheless, it works like a charm! At last, gapless playback!! :smiley:

And what’s the problem with it being released on a Linux board? It’s just a bunch of files you have to upload at the root of your Fuze, it’s not OS-dependent! :wink:

@cacapizza wrote:

Nevertheless, it works like a charm! At last, gapless playback!! :smiley:

And what’s the problem with it being released on a Linux board? It’s just a bunch of files you have to upload at the root of your Fuze, it’s not OS-dependent! :wink:

The main problem is some folks feel a moral mandate to ensure that the majority of posts on this thread are warnings.  Kind of a “Just say no” campain.

:smileyvery-happy:  Sorry…I couldn’t resist!!!

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 07-05-2009 11:11 AM

I have too used the Rockbox and it is stunning both lookwise and playbackwise. The already good sound quality of the Fuze got even better and we can even change the background wallpaper on the fly with any image of our choice (only if it is .bmp, then select and hold the center button thereafter option to use it as a background will appear). The only flaw is the video playback which is not good at all. It displayed only 10 fps on an average. I don’t know whether it will remain the same after its official launch or not. I guess it will and should be corrected as this is the only hope for linux users like me.

@vineet wrote:

The only flaw is the video playback which is not good at all. It displayed only 10 fps on an average. I don’t know whether it will remain the same after its official launch or not. I guess it will and should be corrected as this is the only hope for linux users like me.

The last I saw audio recording wasn’t working yet.

If I remember correctly, Rockbox work for FuzeV2 hasn’t gotten anywhere yet. So I was wondering…what’s the easiest way to tell a V1 from a V2?

I sort of assume all the Fuze’s in the new packaging are V2.

Would that be a fair assumption?