Reply
Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎01-07-2010

Re: Rockbox & V2's


@saratoga wrote:
The status chart next to the install directions says "FM-Radio:  No" for the Fuze V2, so I think you have to wait for someone to add support for it.

Sorry, I have Fuze V1. No radio for this too? Can you give me the URL for the status chart for V1 (Again sorry for another dumb question)

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,460
Registered: ‎12-27-2008

Re: Rockbox & V2's

FM radio works on my Fuze. It's on the Rockbox main menu, just under Recording.
Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎01-07-2010

Re: Rockbox & V2's


@gwk1967 wrote:
FM radio works on my Fuze. It's on the Rockbox main menu, just under Recording.

 

My fears were not unfounded, after all, I see no FM Radio under Recordings. Does it have to do with FM Radio going bust in my original Sansa firmware? Is there any connection with that?
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,265
Registered: ‎04-24-2009

Re: Rockbox & V2's

Its possible the chip is just broken.  You could also try older versions of Rockbox (3.5 is the oldest build for the Fuzev1 you're going to find without compiling your own) and see if any of them ever detected the radio.
Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎01-07-2010

Re: Rockbox & V2's


@saratoga wrote:
Its possible the chip is just broken.  You could also try older versions of Rockbox (3.5 is the oldest build for the Fuzev1 you're going to find without compiling your own) and see if any of them ever detected the radio.

 

If its the chip, can it be repaired? Go back to old RB version? Nah! I'm not ready for that. Is there any other way out?
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,265
Registered: ‎04-24-2009

Re: Rockbox & V2's

If you're not interested in debugging the problem, a new Fuze doesn't cost that much.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic
Posts: 328
Registered: ‎04-07-2009

Re: Rockbox & V2's

Your radio is busted. If it does not work in the OF it will not magically work in RB either.

 

_______________
4GB Red Fuze/16GB Card
Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎01-07-2010

Re: Rockbox & V2's


@Peregrine wrote:

Your radio is busted. If it does not work in the OF it will not magically work in RB either.

 


 

Well, I'm willing to forget about the radio. But some more woes I'm not willing to forgo :

 

1. Using RB, I cannot see my videos anymore Smiley Mad

2. I cannot see some of my pictures, although others show up

3. Looks like slotRadio doesn't work in RB. Don't know about slotMusic, though, as I don't have a slotMusic card at present.

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic
Posts: 328
Registered: ‎04-07-2009

Re: Rockbox & V2's

[ Edited ]

Then go back to the Sansa Firmware. Smiley Wink

 

1) Is there a pattern? Like what type of videos don't show? Ones that were converted using the Sansa media converter or others that you just dragged and dropped. I don't use video at all on this tiny ass player so I can't really help there.

2) Again is there a pattern here? The pics that don't show up are they JPG? TIF? GIF?

3) This I can answer for sure. Slotradio\Slotmusic is a proprietary Sansa product. The RB developers will not and probably can not implement that, nor IMO, should they. This is why being able to revert to the Sansa firmware is such a great option.

Message Edited by Peregrine on 04-09-2010 03:23 PM
_______________
4GB Red Fuze/16GB Card
Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎01-07-2010

Re: Rockbox & V2's


@Peregrine wrote:

Then go back to the Sansa Firmware. Smiley Wink

 

1) Is there a pattern? Like what type of videos don't show? Ones that were converted using the Sansa media converter or others that you just dragged and dropped. I don't use video at all on this tiny ass player so I can't really help there.

2)

Videos were converted with vidzForFuze & showed up in OF. In RB, video folder properties indicate 29 files in the folder, but none show up. I changed settings to show all files. Now I can see all .avi files, but trying to open them does nothing.
Again is there a pattern here? The pics that don't show up are they JPG? TIF? GIF?

They were .bmp files
This I can answer for sure. Slotradio\Slotmusic is a proprietary Sansa product. The RB developers will not and probably can not implement that, nor IMO, should they. This is why being able to revert to the Sansa firmware is such a great option.

Yes. Its something to do with the DRM stuff they wrote about in the manual.