04-06-2010 10:05 PM
Sorry, I have Fuze V1. No radio for this too? Can you give me the URL for the status chart for V1 (Again sorry for another dumb question)
04-06-2010 10:45 PM
My fears were not unfounded, after all, I see no FM Radio under Recordings. Does it have to do with FM Radio going bust in my original Sansa firmware? Is there any connection with that?
04-06-2010 11:00 PM
Its possible the chip is just broken. You could also try older versions of Rockbox (3.5 is the oldest build for the Fuzev1 you're going to find without compiling your own) and see if any of them ever detected the radio.
04-06-2010 11:24 PM
If its the chip, can it be repaired? Go back to old RB version? Nah! I'm not ready for that. Is there any other way out?
04-07-2010 11:24 PM
Well, I'm willing to forget about the radio. But some more woes I'm not willing to forgo :
1. Using RB, I cannot see my videos anymore
2. I cannot see some of my pictures, although others show up
3. Looks like slotRadio doesn't work in RB. Don't know about slotMusic, though, as I don't have a slotMusic card at present.
04-09-2010 12:17 PM - edited 04-09-2010 12:23 PM
Then go back to the Sansa Firmware.
1) Is there a pattern? Like what type of videos don't show? Ones that were converted using the Sansa media converter or others that you just dragged and dropped. I don't use video at all on this tiny ass player so I can't really help there.
2) Again is there a pattern here? The pics that don't show up are they JPG? TIF? GIF?
3) This I can answer for sure. Slotradio\Slotmusic is a proprietary Sansa product. The RB developers will not and probably can not implement that, nor IMO, should they. This is why being able to revert to the Sansa firmware is such a great option.
Message Edited by Peregrine on 04-09-2010 03:23 PM
4GB Red Fuze/16GB Card
04-10-2010 01:29 AM
Videos were converted with vidzForFuze & showed up in OF. In RB, video folder properties indicate 29 files in the folder, but none show up. I changed settings to show all files. Now I can see all .avi files, but trying to open them does nothing.
Again is there a pattern here? The pics that don't show up are they JPG? TIF? GIF?
They were .bmp files
This I can answer for sure. Slotradio\Slotmusic is a proprietary Sansa product. The RB developers will not and probably can not implement that, nor IMO, should they. This is why being able to revert to the Sansa firmware is such a great option.
Yes. Its something to do with the DRM stuff they wrote about in the manual.