Highlighted
SanDisk User

Rockbox & V2's

Have not seen it mentioned here, but it looks like Rockbox on the V2's is getting close.

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Port_Status   Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Re: Rockbox & V2's

I've just checked the date - and it is not April 1st! Smiley Happy In this case this is a great news!
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Someoen posted a photo of their Rockboxed Clip+ about a week and a half ago.
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

[ Edited ]

I installed the raw version of the Rockbox on my Fuze v2. It works! Many functions are not activated as the developers are struggling with the write function, no radio yet.. But what I see is great. The textreader is excellent with sharp fonts even on Fuze small screen: now I can read my podcast /audiobook descriptions and annotations. Shame on you SanDisk for not implementing a text reader in the Fuze - the screen is perfectly readable contrary to what some people used to tell me.

Plenty of games and gadgets. 

But it needs much more extra work and I wouldn't recommend it for users at its present stage.

On the whole it is a great effort. I am very pleased, all the more so I never expected Rockbox being ported on v.2.

Good luck to Rockbox developers!

Message Edited by Etoja on 04-04-2010 03:29 AM
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I tried it as well and it works fine except for some crashing plugins here and there and being unable to write access the internal memory & sd card. But audio quality is great.

Being the vintage computer lover that I am, I spent nearly an hour listening to some C64 SID files (great emulation, btw.) and playing Doom. Pure awesomeness!

Message Edited by Navarre on 04-05-2010 12:14 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Well maybe this is a duplicate question--but I'm clearly desperate :

Where can I get the reverse boot-loader to do just the opposite if you wish (boot into Sansa OF by default, unless the REW button is held) as opposed to booting into Rockbox by default.

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

I've not seen a reverseBL for the fuze.  You would be better asking on ABI or rockbox.org.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Changing how the bootloader works on the Fuze is really hard and you risk trashing your player if you make any mistake at all.  I don't recommend trying to do it.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

I still can't get RB to load while plugged into a wall charger with my V1 Fuze. I boot it up with RB then hold down the center select button while plugging in the USB cable into the bottom of the Fuze. Still loads the OF.

OF latest

RB 3.5.1 latest build

Message Edited by Njones on 04-05-2010 08:36 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@Njones wrote:

I still can't get RB to load while plugged into a wall charger with my V1 Fuze. I boot it up with RB then hold down the center select button while plugging in the USB cable into the bottom of the Fuze. Still loads the OF.

OF latest

RB 3.5.1 latest build

Message Edited by Njones on 04-05-2010 08:36 PM

Same here, although experienced it little differently-I switch on my Fuze, it boots to RB. Then I plug it into a wall charger for charging. It then seems to reload the OF instead...Wiered.