Replace Screen

Tapeworm wrote: 

And regarding your point about voiding the warranty? Anybody that would risk taking the Fuze apart to try and fix it themselves while it is still under warranty in the 1st place, probably wasn’t voted class valedictorian anyhow!

For the most part I agree, but for the fact that screen damage is most likely not covered under warranty, which leaves the user in the position of paying for a repair, buying a new Fuze, or attempting a repair. I think in this case the latter is worth trying because the warranty is already void in the case of a broken screen.

In my case the screen wasn’t broken, but I was never voted class valedictorian, so I went ahead. It was strictly for cosmetic reasons. I wanted a red 8GB Fuze. I already had the grey 8GB, so I bought a red 4GB and swapped the cases (or swapped the insides, depending on your point of view), but in the process I damaged the ribbon cable of the grey wheel. Luckily I found a broken Fuze on ebay and got it for $7 shipped, so now I have a red 8GB Fuze,  and a grey 4Gb Fuze with a black scroll wheel, and no warranty in sight! Fun!!