Re: My Sansa Fuze won't turn on, even when connected to the computer.

Pulled this orphan message from the Firmware Updater forum.  Hopefully, it will be seen in the Fuze Forum.  -µsansa

I had the exact thing happen to me!! I got this in December for Christmas, and i went to turn it on when i was on the bus, and it wouldnt! So when i got home from school i went to put it in the computer, and NOTHING. so its been about three days, and it still will not. I’m not sure what happened. But if you find some way to fix this, please please please tell me!!!

Message Edited by microsansa on 03-25-2009 12:46 AM

It’s been a few days since you first posted, if your fuze still wouldn’t turn on or do anything, try a soft reset – hold the power switch up for 15-20 seconds and see if your fuze turns on.

Do you have an SD or SDHC micro chip in the device?  If so, try taking it out and powering up again.

I found that if a dead SD chip is in the device, it will not start. 

Mine was actin up on me since yesterday August 27 2010. I held up on tha power button for about 30sec and let go and it lit up and came on. I have it on the usb lookin for some kind of firmware to stop it from ackin up!

Take off any music you added recently and try again. There is probably a  bad file in there.

I did the hold the power thing. Nothing.

I don’t have a Little Micro thing in it.

I haven’t put new music on it in FOREVER

I have let sit for about an hour now charging.

Nothing.

Won’t turn on my computer doesn’t even know its there.

My sisters on the other hand. Boots right up.

The little colorful thing comes on. And Bloooop!

Connected.

Mine…

NOTHING.

It worked a rfew months ago and died.

And its just been sitting in my room since.

Helpppp!

Have you tried using the same cord that works with your sister’s?

Have you tried forcing the MSC connection?

Slide down the power switch to Hold, revealing an orange dot.

Connect the cord to the computer. Open Windows Explorer (My Computer or Computer).

Hold down the << side of the wheel and connect the cord to the Fuze. See if it pops up in Windows Explorer.

@johannayvonne wrote:

It worked a rfew months ago and died.

And its just been sitting in my room since.

Helpppp!

And you haven’t called SanDisk Tech Support yet? What the heck are you waiting for, Christmas (in the hopes Santa will bring you a new one)? Smiley

I am having the same problem as Johanna…

Tried mine today, first time in 2 weeks, and it had been working well then, (2 weeks ago)…

Same scenario as hers, have tried all the same things as mentioned in this thread, no help…

Differences:…Mine was put into service approx. one month ago, (received it as a Father’s Day present…a late one.)

It has been subjected to no extreme conditions or the like, has had only mp3 files added to it, nothing but tunes…

I get no recognition from my computer, with it connected to it, I have tried my patch cord, on a friends identical player, and it works as advertised.

Like Johanna, I tried all the 30 second button holding, every combination of buttons, ( I fired up the garbage disposal here, LOL), still nothing…and yes, it’s been on the charge for the past 4 hours, and I can’t feel any heat from the battery as it sits, hoping for a charge

Help a Brother out, please!!!

I am new to this technology stuff, (still on the information dirt road), so I am in the dark, basically.

AND, I was gonna’ call their Tech Support, but they are closed on Saturday’s, and will be closed for the holiday on Monday.

Oh, yeah…It’s a “Sansa Fuze”, 4 Gb., with no external card installed.

Thanks!

Standing By…

Chuck

Forgot to add:

I tried all the steps Black Rectangle suggested,Still, no worky.

If you have tried Hold/<< and you are not getting a connection, 1-866-SANDISK is your best bet. It’s less than a year old, so you are under warranty.

Thank you very much!

I’ll ring them up on Tuesday.

Chuck

I had the same problem & tried all the given solutions but nothing seemed to work. After I did the ‘30-second power hold’ nothing happened so I decided to leave it charging in hopes that it would come back to life & huzzah!

But the thing is this didn’t work by itself, I had already tried charging it before but got nothing. This only worked after the 30-second hold. While it may just have been a coincidence I thought I’d put it out there.

If the 30-second hold and plugging it in don’t work on their own, try the hold+plugging it in.

Just to update:

That is an " 866" number, ( re: 1 866 726 3475).

mine either, it won’t turn on, but when I tried holding /<<, my computer can recognize the sansa fuze as MSC. but the power still won’t turn on. please help me

When connected to the computer it should say Writing and then Connected.  You can’t play it through the headphones when it’s connected to the computer.

I’ve disconnected it from computer, it still not power on. I’ve charged it for about 4 hours, still no change

Hi guys. I’ve the same problem…

But my Fuze is recognized by Windows when I plug it in, but the drive is corrupted (I think) and, when I try to open it, first Windows blocks, then a “drive not found” error is showed. There’s a chance to format it (I’ve tried the right click on the drive and the cmd command too) or to force the installation of the firmware (Sansa Firmware Updater just doesn’t find anything)? Thank you and sorry for uncohomprension and for bothering you :slight_smile:

@budianto wrote:

mine either, it won’t turn on, but when I tried holding /<<, my computer can recognize the sansa fuze as MSC. but the power still won’t turn on. please help me

Try the 20 - 30 second power switch hold reset procedure (not connected to your computer). If that doesn’t work, try pressing the center button at the same time. Someone here said a little while ago that worked for them.

@budianto:

Your battery may be dead or disconnected. Did you see the charging icon while connected to the computer?

@svalfio:

My Fuze is recognized by Windows when I plug it in, but the drive is corrupted (I think) and, when I try to open it, first Windows blocks, then a “drive not found” error is showed. There’s a chance to format it (I’ve tried the right click on the drive and the cmd command too) or to force the installation of the firmware (Sansa Firmware Updater just doesn’t find anything)?

Uninstall the Updater from your computer. It’s useless, and it’ s just slowing down your startup.

Now try updating the firmware manually.

Go to the Firmware Update Thread: here

and look for the link to All Regions to download. It would help if you know what version your Fuze is, but if not try both of them. Download the firmware, unzip it and drag-and-drop  fuzeA.bin onto  the driveletter of the Fuze internal memory. If one version doesn’t work, try the other.

My Fuze did not turn on either… When I plugged it in to the computer the screen came on saying it was charging then nothing… It blinked a couple times then froze. I decided to start holding buttons… Hold the play/pause part of the wheel for a good 30 seconds. My screen froze and then went black. Then I pushed up the power button and voila!!! Maybe it helped that I accidently dropped it on the ground. Oh well. It worked!