Quick question...

I just got a 16gb micro sd card to go along with my 8gb Fuze. The way I organize my Fuze is that I make a folder with the artist name and then put the albums in said folder. Now that I have an sd card, do I need to keep things in alphabetical order between the card and the Fuze itself? For example, if I have The Allman Brothers on the Fuze memory and The Beatles on the card, will it still show up in alphabetical order, or do do I need to sort it a-m on the Fuze and n-z on the card? If this makes no sense then I apologize…thanks for any help!

The Fuze will alphabetize on its own however please remember that the fuze recognizes the word THE so anything with THE in front of it will be in the T’s

Thanks for the quick response! One more quick question…if I have some more albums by an artist already on the Fuze memory and I put it on the card, will the Fuze still recognize it as the same artist or will it make it 2 separate artists in the artists section?

As long as it is named Identically then it will make it the same artist. 

The Fuze lists your music two ways. You can navigate by Folders, as you do on your computer, as an option under Music.

But if you are looking at Artists, Album, Song, etc., the Fuze is getting that information from the ID3 tags, the electronic labels inside your mp3 files. And if the ID3 tags on one album say The Dirty Projectors and another album say Dirty Projectors, they will show up in different places on the Artist list–even if you have them all in a folder called Dirty Projectors. 

You can see ID3 tag information by right-clicking Properties/Summary/Advanced on any song.

You can edit batches of tags at once with a free program, mp3tag. 

Install mp3tag and have it add itself to Context menus. (checkbox during install)

To make the most Fuze-friendly tags, change the  default in mp3tag  under Tools/Options/Tags/Mpeg to  Write ID2v2.3 ISO-8859-1 .

Right-click on the album folder and you should see mp3tag under the Options. Click that and it will list the files and their tags. 

Highlight them all  (in correct order, top to bottom) and under Tools, use the Auto-Numbering Wizard to Add leading zeros.  Leading zeros will give you 01, 02, 03, which makes sure they play in order, and saving them will make sure they are ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.  I do this for every album before it goes onto the Fuze. It takes about 2 seconds. 

With them all highlighted, you can also change Artist or Album title for the whole album at once if you need to. 

Thanks for the advice!

Do I need to format my new card? And if so, how do I do that? I don’t see an option in the menu to format the card. Thanks again!

nhw544 wrote:
Do I need to format my new card? And if so, how do I do that? I don’t see an option in the menu to format the card. Thanks again!

No.

nhw544 wrote:

In a word? No.

nhw544 wrote:

I never “formatted” the card I had in my Fuze…if I did want to erase it and start fresh, I would open it up in Windows Explorer/My Computer , select all, and delete.