Quick question about EQ Custom settings

Hi there, just bought a 4 GB Fuze and I’m liking what I’m seeing. A few little things have me stumped though, such as customizing my EQ settings. Firstly, I’m not at all experienced with adjusting sound levels, and none of the levels in the Custom EQ setting are marked. Not a big deal, I just played it by ear until I had my setting about right, and while playing with them I could sometimes tell which bar controlled which particular sound, but if you guys happen to know which controls which, that would help.

My main concern is that after adjusting the settings for one song, and turning off my Fuze, the next time I turned it on and went back to the Custom EQ setting for a different song, all levels were back to neutral. Now please tell me you don’t have to adjust the settings for every song, because there’s no way I’m doing that. Is there a way to adjust these settings permanently (or at least until I change them again) on my Fuze, or on my PC, or both? Thanks!

@bwp_2001 wrote:

My main concern is that after adjusting the settings for one song, and turning off my Fuze, the next time I turned it on and went back to the Custom EQ setting for a different song, all levels were back to neutral. Now please tell me you don’t have to adjust the settings for every song, because there’s no way I’m doing that. Is there a way to adjust these settings permanently (or at least until I change them again) on my Fuze, or on my PC, or both? Thanks!

Once you get them set where you want them, push the button in the middle of the wheel…that should set them in.

The Fuze has a 5 band EQ.  Anyone know what the 5 bands are?

Windows Media Player is 10 bands: 31 Hz, 62 Hz, 125 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz 1k Hz, 2k Hz, 4k Hz, 8k Hz, 16 Hz.  I would assume it’s “half” of those, but I have no idea.

The values matter because I know what the freq response of my headphones is, so if I know what the Fuze freqs are, I can shoot for a perfectly flat freq response.

Thanks !!