Question on .m3u files

What the heck?!  There was another message on this thread earlier today.  I was gonna come back and look at it again and it’s gone. 

Anyway . . . I tried backslashes earlier with no effect.  

Tried them again on the root, just because, but it doesn’t work.

Can’t put the test .m3u in the playlist directory because it does not display with the Fuze in MSC mode, which is the only mode I’m able to drag ‘n’ drop files into the Fuze.  The firmware prevents me from dragging the file over when in MTP mode.    Incidentally, I do understand the double dot syntax~  it means “back up one directory,” which I’d try if I could get the file into the playlist directory.

At any rate, several previous threads cautioned against putting playlists in the playlist directory for reasons never stated.   

The earlier missing response to the thread advised elimanating the header, which has no effect, and just creating the list in the \Music directory with no path.  Tried that~  put the .m3u in the \Music directory and listed a couple of tunes right there in the directory which are not buried in any subdirectories and it still doesn’t work.  I get the same [Empty] message when selecting the playlist.   

Hmmmmm . . . . . .