Problems with video files on 8gb microSDHC

to understand my problem you should read at first the following problem.

I’ve got the same problems with a platinum 8gb microSDHC card Class 4. Now I formated the card in fat32 and the problem seems to be solved.

Maybe it will be easier to mention which memory cards can be used in the fuze.

Message Edited by happykitcat on 11-09-2008 02:12 PM

So now, i’ve copied a second film on the card and what can I say, the problem is back (in the tested film and in the new one). I deleted the old one and the new one runs without any problems, so did the old one, when I deleted the new one. In my eyes it is not a problem of the memory I would say it is a problem in the firmware.

Message Edited by happykitcat on 11-09-2008 06:16 PM

Message Edited by happykitcat on 11-09-2008 06:46 PM

Yup.

Once again: WARNING:  KINGSTON 8GB MICRO SDHC CLASS 4 CARDS WILL NOT BE SATISFACTORY FOR THE FUZE WHEN USED FOR VIDEO. 

There is a reasonably good record of separate experiences documenting this.

BD -

If you re-read Happykitat’s post, I think you’ll find that she has actually duplicated the problem with a different (not Kingston) card. The problem seems to happen (if I’m reading it correctly) when more than one video is on the card, not what brand the card is.

She has deleted one and the remaining video plays fine. Likewise she has deleted the other and the 1st one plays OK. The problem only occurs when there is more than 1 video on the card.

Strange stiuation . . . kinda glad my eyes couldn’t watch a video that small anyway. That way I don’t have all these problems. :smileyvery-happy:

BD -

If you re-read Happykitcat’s post, I think you’ll find that she has actually duplicated the problem with a different (not Kingston) card. The problem seems to happen (if I’m reading it correctly) when more than one video is on the card, not what brand the card is.

She has deleted one and the remaining video plays fine. Likewise she has deleted the other and the 1st one plays OK. The problem only occurs when there is more than 1 video on the card.

Strange situation . . . kinda glad my eyes couldn’t watch a video that small anyway. That way I don’t have all these problems. :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 11-10-2008 02:21 PM

@Tapeworm: yes you read correctly.

I also think it is an strange problem. I hope that somebody has another idea than that I have to buy sandisk cards. These cards aren’t cheap in germany and there are not often offers which are ok (a sandisk 8gb costs at amazon.de about 25,00 EUR = 32,00 US$).

@happykitcat wrote:

@tapeworm: yes you read correctly.

I also think it is an strange problem. I hope that somebody has another idea than that I have to buy sandisk cards. These cards aren’t cheap in germany and there are not often offers which are ok (a sandisk 8gb costs at amazon.de about 25,00 EUR = 32,00 US$).

That’s the Ultra II, which you don’t need in a Fuze. Normal Sandisk 8GB cards are slightly less than 20€, I paid 19,88€ for mine on Amazon.de last week. Don’t forget that electronics are always more expensive here in Europe than in the U.S.A., you can’t directly compare U.S. $ prices to € prices.

I bought an 8 gig class 4 SanDisk recently and paid about $28.

I have used older Kingston 2 gig cards full to the top with video and not had a single problem.

Could be that there is something else going on.

Who knows.

I am realizing that although the video on here can be fun, it is an enormous time-consumer and full of problems of all sorts and burns up the battery REAL fast too.

So my excitement is rapidly diminishing.  That’s technology for you.  Seductive as heck but it’ll cheat on you big-time.

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

I bought an 8 gig class 4 SanDisk recently and paid about $28.

I have used older Kingston 2 gig cards full to the top with video and not had a single problem.

Could be that there is something else going on.

Who knows.

I am realizing that although the video on here can be fun, it is an enormous time-consumer and full of problems of all sorts and burns up the battery REAL fast too.

So my excitement is rapidly diminishing.  That’s technology for you.  Seductive as heck but it’ll cheat on you big-time.

I wonder if it’s the 4gb or 8gb Kingston cards… or maybe the newer ones… not sure.  I had trouble too. Sticking to Sandisk cards.

I haven’t found video to be a big time consumer.  I do other things while doing the dvdconvert and SMC is converting the video.  No time wasted.  And yes all players use up battery power when playing video.  Somestimes I keep it in my dock while watching a video, watch and charge at the same time!:smileyvery-happy:

Hi Darhak,

I know that you can get memory Cards cheaper at amazon.de also sandisk. But yesterday when I searched for prices I only found this one and it should be mentioned, that at the moment not amazon sells the memory cards, these are all foreign sellers.

Hi to all,

I only want to update you:

Now I found a SanDisk microSD 1GB memory Card in my memory card collection. I copied two films on it, put it in my fuze and als works fine. Now I am looking for a SanDisk microSD 8GB SDHC memory Card, which is not so expansive.

After I changed the memory card I will report.

Have a nice day :smiley:

Hi to all,

now I found a 16 GB microsd card from sandisk. It is amazing, all films work fine and there are more than one film on the memory card… 

so my problem is solved now…

Have a nice christmas and a happy holiday…