Possible Upgrade to 10 Band EQ on Sansa Fuze Firmware?

Hi.  I was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to upgrade the Sansa Fuze firmware in the future to a 10 band EQ instead of just having the 5 Band EQ.  I have a pair of Pioneer SE-CL30 Earbuds and everything with the fuze sounds good except the midrange.  The Bass and The Treble are superb.  To be exact about the treble it is very detailed and crisp. 

But I just couldn’t handle the lack of midrange frequencies.

Because of that I purchased A Pair Of Etymotic ER-4P’S and they sound great when it comes to midrange but the High Frequencies are not as crisp as the Pioneers.  If I hook the Ety’s up to my PC with my seven band EQ included with my software for my Soundblaster soundcard I can get that to be as crisp in the high frequency range as my Pioneers are on my Fuze.  But I just don’t have the ability on my Sansa Fuze to get the Ety’s to the high crisp sound that I desire.  I know that Rockbox is not yet stable so I wouldn’t want to chance it with that.

Another thing that might help out but I am not that hopefull, is that I have also purchased a “Total Bithead” by Headroom and that might make the highs stand out more and make it crisper.  It hasn’t arrived yet.

Other than that, over all, the Ety’s are better than the Pioneer earbuds minus the very crisp highs.

I still would like to get higher crisper frequencies and if there was a EQ with more bands It might help.

Thanks for any input.

That’s asking an awful lot out of these things. I think even Rockbox only has a 5-band EQ as well.

The only way is if SanDisk was able to furnish it with a firmware upgrade, but that’s extremely doubtful; I don’t even know if it is possible.

I have heard that rockbox’s Eq is 10 Band.  Can anybody second that?

Nope. 5-band.

http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-sansae200/rockbox-buildch6.html#x9-1120006.8

One extra that rockbox has that would help with getting the higher frequencies in Rockbox is the extra treble that is seperate from the main equalizer.

http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-sansae200/rockbox-buildch6.html#x9-1070006.3

I suppose . . . if you wanted to ‘color’ the music that much. It would probably be better to get higher quality phones though, so that you can listen to the music the way the artist who recorded it intended for you to hear it; at or near a Flat frequency response.

I’ll settle for a 5-band EQ that doesn’t sound like teh ■■■■ when you activate it…

@robisan wrote:
I’ll settle for a 5-band EQ that doesn’t sound like teh ■■■■ when you activate it…

Yes, that’s one of the only things about the Fuze and Clip that ■■■■■…unless you have really unbalanced headphones you’re best off leaving the EQ on “Normal”. I’ve managed to use it with some success with some bargain 'phones, but once you upgrade to decent ones, the EQ is best left alone.

Does anybody know of some good little bass & treble hook-ups (As long as they wouldn’t be too big, that you could still could exercise with, without it being too clunky and pretty decent quality) that you could connect between the “Sansa Fuze” and the headphones to supplement the treble and bass response of the player?

I don’t know if they even make these things that are decent or not.

@spunky50 wrote:

Does anybody know of some good little bass & treble hook-ups (As long as they wouldn’t be too big, that you could still could exercise with, without it being too clunky and pretty decent quality) that you could connect between the “Sansa Fuze” and the headphones to supplement the treble and bass response of the player?

I don’t know if they even make these things that are decent or not.

There are headphone amplifiers. The Fii0 E5 is a popular model, but it has a Bass Boost switch on it. Anything like this that would attempt to ‘boost’ the treble, or high end of the frequency spectrum would only succeed in amplifying ‘hiss’ & ‘tinniness’ in my opinion.