Portable speakers/boom box for Fuse

So, does Sandisk not even bother to help customers find a good boombox or portable speakers for the Fuse? I have done some reading and not only is the base station no longer available but it looks like they don’t even care that their customers are looking for such a product.

I don’t necessarily need a docking station, but a boombox or speaker system that is portable that has a little compartment for an mp3 player with the aux-in jack IN THAT COMPARTMENT and WITHOUT a stupid IPOD connector in the way would be ideal.

I want to scream in every electronics store when I see EVERYTHING that’s decent is for a flipping ipod.

Sandisk produced competing mp3 players but puts no effort in to auxiliary products like this? Has anyone run across a good applicable system to go with the Fuze?

Do I need to junk the Fuze and succumb to the ipod monopoly against my core instincts?

I love my Fuze but I hate being a needle in an ipod haystack…maybe I’m just missing the fine products out there I could be using

@kennyd wrote:

So, does Sandisk not even bother to help customers find a good boombox or portable speakers for the Fuse?

No. SanDisk only makes the players. The accessories are manufactured by those other vendors that specialize in those sort of things. Why is everything made for the pods? Because probably 10 times more of these things are sold versus any other brand.

It’s purely a matter of supply and demand.

@kennyd wrote:

So, does Sandisk not even bother to help customers find a good boombox or portable speakers for the Fuse? I have done some reading and not only is the base station no longer available but it looks like they don’t even care that their customers are looking for such a product.

I don’t necessarily need a docking station, but a boombox or speaker system that is portable that has a little compartment for an mp3 player with the aux-in jack IN THAT COMPARTMENT and WITHOUT a stupid IPOD connector in the way would be ideal.

I want to scream in every electronics store when I see EVERYTHING that’s decent is for a flipping ipod.

Sandisk produced competing mp3 players but puts no effort in to auxiliary products like this? Has anyone run across a good applicable system to go with the Fuze?

Do I need to junk the Fuze and succumb to the ipod monopoly against my core instincts?

I love my Fuze but I hate being a needle in an ipod haystack…maybe I’m just missing the fine products out there I could be using

This is what I have, and it’s pretty freaking awesome…http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=CFDG700CP

Most I-pod boomboxes/speakers can accept a standard 3.5mm line in.  There is no need to be a needle in an Ipod haystack.  Find whatever external boombox/speakers for the Ipod you like and make sure it can handle a line in.  This is fairly evident on the box.  There are very few peripherals that will accept a Sansa dock, and even so, I would not get one since I Rockbox my Fuze the lineout doesn’t work in Rockbox.

I’ve found very few items that are must have’s for the Ipod that can’t be used with other players via a 3.5.mm patch cable.

Thanks for the feedback folks. That sony looks like a good option since I still have tapes and may want to burn those to digital.

I realize almost all docking stations/boomboxes out there have an audio in port…my thing is I would like a box that has a compartment that you can stick the fuse in…not a connector, just a place to put the MP3 player in, plugged in to the audio in jack so you can carry the box around without the mp3 player falling all over the place.

Well, since the Fuze was the last player to offer a 30-pin connector port and it is long discontinued, I think it’s highly unlikely any 3rd-party company is going to make anything dock-like as an accessory. That’s why the Sansa Base Station was discontinued and you can’t find them anymore.

All the newer players connect via either a mini or micro-USB port on the side, so again nothing will be made as there is no market for such a device.