Podcast Programs...

Looking for a good Podcast Program that does not use WMP to accomplish the sync…

And…POS iTunes is not an option here, not for me anyway

Lets examine the options and their strong and weak points…

Message Edited by Alaskan on 02-02-2010 05:52 PM

I use Media Monkey.  I have the free version right now.  It updates when you open the program.  If the url changes, you will need to updat that, but that’s fine.  It doesn’t automaticaly put them on your Fuze, which I like. But maybe it could, I don’t know.  I don’t want it to sync podcasts automatically so I haven’t looekd into it. 

Dalaug234 wrote:
I use Media Monkey.  I have the free version right now.  It updates when you open the program.  If the url changes, you will need to updat that, but that’s fine.  It doesn’t automaticaly put them on your Fuze, which I like. But maybe it could, I don’t know.  I don’t want it to sync podcasts automatically so I haven’t looekd into it. 

I also use MediaMonkey. And you can set it to automatically load your podcasts onto your player, if you like. I just recently tried this, and so far I like it…but I was very cautious about reading through all the various options first.

Media Monkey’s aggregator is hard to beat.

I’m used to things on the more complex side, like this:

So, I use the Juice receiver, then Windows Media Player transfers the automatically-updated podcast lists to the Sansas. I have the same podcast groups on all of them, but the music is different.  Einstein had a collection of identical sweaters, too.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Installed Media Monkey…

In attempting to install several Podcast URL’s…all failed and produced the following Error Message:

“There was a problem downloading the following files(s)”

Not one was sucessfully placed into the “Podcast Subscriptions”…all were Copy & Pasted from NPR

Any suggestions…? 

Message Edited by Alaskan on 02-03-2010 01:10 PM

Message Edited by Alaskan on 02-03-2010 01:11 PM