Overcharging the battery on the fuze.

Is it ok to overcharge the battery on the fuze?Will it be harmfull?                    

@sr_rox wrote:

Is it ok to overcharge the battery on the fuze?Will it be harmfull?                    

I don’t think it will let you over-charge it.

My understanding is that the Fuze uses a Lithium-Polymer battery. This type of battery likes to be kept charged. The Fuze controls the charging and ends charging when the battery is fully charged. So, if all my info is correct, the best way to maintain the battery is to charge it whenever possible. You can keep it plugged in as long as you want, it won’t let you overcharge it.

So what you mean is that there is no harm to the player keeping it plugged in after it has charged?

@sr_rox wrote:
So what you mean is that there is no harm to the player keeping it plugged in after it has charged?

Correct.  The charging circuit is internal to the player, and will charge the battery fully, then keep it topped off as long as it’s plugged in.

@tenzip wrote:

Correct.  The charging circuit is internal to the player, and will charge the battery fully, then keep it topped off as long as it’s plugged in.

I’ve had a different result, it may be because of the charger I use. When using my USB wall adapter to charge the Fuze, once the charging is complete the little lightning bolt indicator goes out and never comes on again. If I leave the player on it will eventually run down and not recharge until I unplug and replug the player. Again, I don’t know if it’s the charger or the software in the Fuze. 

@narf wrote:

@tenzip wrote:

I’ve had a different result, it may be because of the charger I use. When using my USB wall adapter to charge the Fuze, once the charging is complete the little lightning bolt indicator goes out and never comes on again. If I leave the player on it will eventually run down and not recharge until I unplug and replug the player. Again, I don’t know if it’s the charger or the software in the Fuze. 

Narf Thats the one major draw back to using wall chargers. But If you are using a PC to charge you are fine, there will be no drain. 

@narf wrote:

@tenzip wrote:

Interesting.  I wonder if that’s by design, or is something that got overlooked in the charging circuit/software.  Anyone else have this happen?

I generally just recharge when I go to bed, and it’s all ready to go in the morning, or I charge whenever it’s handy during the day.

@narf wrote:

@tenzip wrote:

I have this charger which will start charging again if I’m listening for a while.It has a little LED on it that glows red when it’s charging and green when it’s not.

Available http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Black-Wall-AC-Charger-for-SanDisk-Sansa-Series/3555406/product.html?sec_iid=33972

I got mine as part of a bundle on Amazon originally though.

(So, if all my info is correct, the best way to maintain the battery is to charge it whenever possible.)

Is this true? or should you drain it then charge?

Charge when ever possible or when ever you feel it needs it. I dont like it to get below 50% but thats jsut my number.