Organizing Videos

I give up.  I have about 8 small videos in my fuze.  I am trying to organize them in seperate folders.  I cannot seem to be able to do it.  When in Auto USB mode, I see the sansa fuze in explorer.  I click it and I see all my videos.  I create folders (Drama, Comedy, etc.) and move the desired videos into them.  They are structured perfectly in windows explorer.  I disconnect the Fuze and after a refresh of the device, all my videos are in the folder a-z.  The sub folders are not there.  Connect to PC and all are in their seperate folders.  If I set the fuze to MSC mode, the folders are completely empty.  What am I doing wrong?

Sansa Fuze 8Gb Silver

I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong.  I believe we cannot put the videos in subfolders.

Well, heres the rub.  I had a Sansa Fuze 4 Gb unit that I had a folder under tha a-z list that I called personal. It contained a few of my vids and the rest were just floating free under a-z.  I have no clue as to how I did it, and I haven’t been able to reproduce that scenario ever since, either on that player or my new one.  There must be a way.  I just cannot figure it out.

@stuigi wrote:

I give up.  I have about 8 small videos in my fuze.  I am trying to organize them in seperate folders.  I cannot seem to be able to do it.  When in Auto USB mode, I see the sansa fuze in explorer.  I click it and I see all my videos.  I create folders (Drama, Comedy, etc.) and move the desired videos into them.  They are structured perfectly in windows explorer.  I disconnect the Fuze and after a refresh of the device, all my videos are in the folder a-z.  The sub folders are not there.  Connect to PC and all are in their seperate folders.  If I set the fuze to MSC mode, the folders are completely empty.  What am I doing wrong?

Sansa Fuze 8Gb Silver

The Auto mode defaults to MTP if possible. Files put on in MTP cannot be seen while connected to your computer in MSC, And vice-versa. This applies to videos files as well as audio (.mp3’s). This explains your files playing hide-and-go-seek with you as you switch between the different modes.

Also, you’ve probably read here by now, the none of the Sansas read or navigate by file name. While you can organize your files (be they audio or video) into different folders if that is easier or preferable for you while you are connected to your computer, the Fuze’s menus will only display them in the way they are programmed to do. You cannot navigate folders and sub-folders in the current firmware set-up.

Thanks Tapeworm,  While I will accept that as an answer, I am still baffled as to how it was done on my 4Gb model. Maybe it was dream :slight_smile: Anyhow, as an appeasement to myself, I use the rating section to at least give me the appearance of 2 folders.

regarding Tapeworm’s “…You cannot navigate folders and sub-folders…”

well in a way you can. I have around 10 audiobooks with all the associated mp3 files for each title in it’s own folder. the audiobook folders (10 of 'em) are placed as subfolder under the Audiobooks folder via Windows Explorer. Each title (folder) is then accessed via the Music menu selection under the Audiobook submenu.

maybe sematics but the Fuze is able to “navigate” folders. I select the folder (title) I want to playback, then select which mp3 file to play.

Noki 

"

regarding Tapeworm’s “…You cannot navigate folders and sub-folders…”

well in a way you can. I have around 10 audiobooks with all the associated mp3 files for each title in it’s own folder. the audiobook folders (10 of 'em) are placed as subfolder under the Audiobooks folder via Windows Explorer. Each title (folder) is then accessed via the Music menu selection under the Audiobook submenu.

maybe sematics but the Fuze is able to “navigate” folders. I select the folder (title) I want to playback, then select which mp3 file to play.

Noki "

Its not navigating by folders though, it is navigating by the album tags. If for example you split up an album(files with the same album tag) into a few folders then move them to the Fuze, all those files will be together on the Fuze as just one album.

How does this tagging affect videos and how do you do it if it does?