Only able to use 8gigs of my 32gig micro card

What’s fixed is I’m no longer getting an error message when I transfer files.  BUT, with that said, I watch the files being transferred and check the folders on the Fuze and can see the files.  When the Fuze refreshes the new albums and songs do not appear.  Furthermore when I reconnect the Fuze to the computer, the new folders appear empty. 

Thinking there is a limit on the number of albums a folder will hold, I created a second folder for the same artist but added “2” to the folder name.  Again watched and checked the songs in each album on the Fuze.  Upon refreshing, I have the same problem.

When I check properties on a right click, I am seemingly utilizing 14 gigabytes.  (Twice what I had before)  BUT cannot see the songs on the Fuze or in Explorer.  “Info” on the Fuze coincides with what the computer says.  The total songs on the Fuze are 200 less than when I started!  But they seem to be on the micro card , but invisible judging from the filespace shown.

A question…when I connect the Fuze and the folder opens for the micro card, there is only one folder inside that window, and it is marked MUSIC.  The I open that folder and see three folders inside—one of which is again MUSIC and where my albums are.  Is this normal?

Am I losing visibility of the files on refresh because I’m using a class 10 card? 

Is Rockbox worth trying?  Thanks for bearing with me!