Online Radio downloaded to the Fuze?

So my classmate has a product made for slacker.com, an online radio website much like pandora.com.  I would love to be able to do what he does, which is ‘sync’ his portable player with the website giving him hours of targeted music based on his preferences.  It’s free, just buy the player.  besides signing up for napster or other pay-per-service sites, is there anyway to download online radio onto the fuze…legally.

My guess is that the music synced onto the Slacker player has DRM or some other kind of protection around it which limits its transferability etc. in some number of ways.

As far as I know, the music you can sync onto the Fuze must be music that you could in theory store on your computer’s disk, and I don’t know of any online radio service that will let you (legally) save its streamed songs for later playing, at least not in a format that the Fuze can handle.

Check out OpD2d

You’ll be able to save your streams as MP3 files

http://radio.about.com/cs/recordingstreams/ht/RecordStreams.htm

Message Edited by tmarkoski on 09-29-2008 12:01 PM

@tmarkoski wrote:

Check out OpD2d

You’ll be able to save your streams as MP3 files

http://radio.about.com/cs/recordingstreams/ht/RecordStreams.htm

Legally?

I doubt that any legal issues arise from using OpD2d for personal use.

File sharing is another matter.

The fact that the developers of OpD2dhave not been shut down seems to indicate there isn’t a problem.

You can also check out freecorder.

http://applian.com/sound-recorder/

Message Edited by tmarkoski on 09-29-2008 12:15 PM

Cool application.  Thanks for the link!  I like to download local radio talk podcasts too…some shows are available in one hour blocks, separated by date too.  I can’t receive AM radio at work, due to the effective Faraday cage of metal framework.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

ReplayRadio will also save audio streams to MP3 files.  Uses audio analysis to look up tag info from a server and assign to the MP3s … does an amazingly good job of this, too.

@promisedplanet wrote:
ReplayRadio will also save audio streams to MP3 files.  Uses audio analysis to look up tag info from a server and assign to the MP3s … does an amazingly good job of this, too.

ReplaRadio has been discontinued.

ReplayAV is the new product and support streaming Video as well as audio.

However, it’s not a free product. It’s $49.95 USD.

Freecorder is an excellent free program from the same company and very easy to use.

I save my Sirius streams with it now instead of OpD2d.

@tmarkoski wrote:

Freecorder is an excellent free program from the same company and very easy to use.

Nice … does Freecorder do MP3 tagging also?

@promisedplanet wrote:

@tmarkoski wrote:

Nice … does Freecorder do MP3 tagging also?

Unfortunately, no :frowning:

Message Edited by tmarkoski on 09-30-2008 06:37 AM

Great, thanks guys.  You have given me several good ideas.  I didn’t know about any of these options.  My MP3 collection is good but without the radio I’ll never know of the good new stuff and I live in a pretty small place that only gets one ‘top 40’s’ channel which is usually about 39 songs i don’t care about :slight_smile:

@shlurpee wrote:
Great, thanks guys.  You have given me several good ideas.  I didn’t know about any of these options.  My MP3 collection is good but without the radio I’ll never know of the good new stuff and I live in a pretty small place that only gets one ‘top 40’s’ channel which is usually about 39 songs i don’t care about :slight_smile:

Reminds me of pretty much every “classic rock” FM station that exists.  Here’s their playlist:

Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

American Pie - Don McLean

Listen To The Music - Doobie Brothers

Dreams - Fleetwood Mac

Hotel California - The Eagles

Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf

Hey Jude - The Beatles

Brown Sugar - Rolling Stones

Money - Pink Floyd

DJ’s Job: Play above songs, talking during any instrumental introduction to each song.  Play 10 minutes of advertisements.  Repeat forever.