Ogg Vorbis and MetaData

Ok So I took the Risk and converted all 100,00 + songs to ogg vorbis format. I am becomming more and more a fan of album art. Problem is that Im not gonna create 90,000 folders so I can crate a folder.jpg for everything. I would prefer to use mp3tag or tag and rename to embedd the album art in metadata. So here is the issue, No matter how I set it up in either program I get nada. I search the board and the reasults I read always come back to somebody sayin “Create a folder.jpg bla bla bla”. Save it. What program can I use to get the album art into the metadata. And Oh by the way I dont wanna pay (Much) for the program.

mp3tag if you are using Windows, EasyTag if you are using Linux, a new computer if you are using an Apple.

mp3tag is only sorta workin. It gets some right but most sre wrong? Any thoughts

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-04-2009 01:30 AM

@conversionbox wrote:

mp3tag is only sorta workin. It gets some right but most sre wrong? Any thoughts

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-04-2009 01:30 AM

I don’t really use MP3Tag, I use Linux/Easytag, I just figured it would be as simple as Easytag.

Select the songs, add the album art, click the little box to activate the tag for all selected files.

Im gonna try to do it again. It created a folder.jpg of Ac/Dc’s High Voltage and it was defaulting to that. I deleted it, Im gonna try again.

@conversionbox wrote:
Im gonna try to do it again. It created a folder.jpg of Ac/Dc’s High Voltage and it was defaulting to that. I deleted it, Im gonna try again.

I have found that Mp3Tag really doesn’t fully support embedded album art with ogg vorbis.  I don’t think the problem is with your procedure, but the program.  Tag&Rename fully supports ogg vorbis embedded album art, and it works fine with that program.

I’m sure there are others, but that’s what I have on my machine.

With MediaMonkey under Device options you can specify to export album art to folder.jpg in each albums directory when syncing your content. It works for MP3, OGG, FLAC and WMA. THis is a great feature and makes album art much more reliable. In the future we are planning to extract embedded album arts from the OGG, FLAC and WMA tracks, currently it is only supported for MP3.

Message Edited by sansafix on 02-04-2009 08:53 AM

Sansafix thats roughly 90,000 exports

When syncing content to the player it will place the album art in the folder so that Fuze will find it. You wont notice it when you send the tracks to the player.

Ok so does that mean I gotta have the art as a file on my hdd or will it pull it from embedding?

I confirmed that Media Monkey will extract the files embedded art, and place it as “folder.jpg” in the Fuze at transfer.

Message Edited by sansafix on 02-04-2009 02:23 PM

So I guess now is a good time for this, an update on what I am doing with regard to this. I prefer mp3tag when it comes to embedding this stuff but since it dont really work, I ahve taken the following steps.

1. Mp3tag to mak sure song name and album are correct

2. Tag and Rename to embed album art

(And once I get this done)

3. Media Monkey to transfer files, and then extract album art creating a folder.jpg file for each individual directory.

Its probably more steps than most would want to do but it is the best way for me to do it with my current set up. 

One Question and I may wind up waiting for SansaFix on Monday to help me out, Is there a way I can transfer from Media monkey to my player and to my Music folder (Identical files) at the same time? What I am thinking is that in the conversion process my music has become unorganized and that while I am at it Media Monkey could organize for me.

@sansafix wrote:
I confirmed that Media Monkey will extract the files embedded art, and place it as “folder.jpg” in the Fuze at transfer.
Message Edited by sansafix on 02-04-2009 02:23 PM

SansaFix, I tried to do this but no dice, the tracks wont even play, it just freezes up. Can you give me a step by step or at least the sync settings to use? 

Thx

The problem IS that You should not have ID3 tags on your ogg vorbis files. You need to use only Vorbis comments, and the art should be embedded in the Comment. SO using MP3 Tag on Vorbis files is a big mistake…

I figured that out. I woulnd up using Media Monkey to do it all.

Great, glad its working for you!

So I am really happy with the Change to OGG. I can actually hear a change in the lows and highs for the better. I got album art to work with Media Monkey. I have 230 songs loaded (I am being a little picky right now). With the exception of the change in battery life (To be expected) I am loving it.

@conversionbox wrote:
So I am really happy with the Change to OGG. I can actually hear a change in the lows and highs for the better. I got album art to work with Media Monkey. I have 230 songs loaded (I am being a little picky right now). With the exception of the change in battery life (To be expected) I am loving it.

I’m glad, because it sounded like you had to do an awful lot of work to do it all. :smiley: