OGG Vorbis Support?

I sent in a question to Sansa Tech Support the other day and this is the response I received this morning:

"Dear Sol,
Thanks for contacting SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.
We do appreciate your good words about our player.

Unfortunately, at the present time SanDisk does not plan to implement Ogg-Vorbis support into future firmware.
Thank you for your kind understanding of this issue.

Please feel free to contact us at anytime via email or by phone at (866)726-3475 Eastern Time 7AM - 1AM
Open 7 days a week, except for major Holidays.

Best Regards,
Maksym M.
SanDisk Technical Support"

Whereas I responded:

"Dear Sir,

I find this decision very disappointing as a new Sansa customer. The benefits of OGG Vorbis support have already been embraced by your competitors Samsung, iRiver, Insignia, among others.
As a technology consultant and media professional, it seems Sansa may never compete significantly in the market without meeting or surpassing the functionality offered by the competition.
This is very disconcerting and forces me to refer clients, friends, and co-workers to the purchase of other products for their needs.
At current, it is common practice for our company to steer our clients clear of iPods due to Apple’s totalitarian and proprietary practices that impose unnecessary limitations on the customer. Including, but not limited to, the use of iTunes for basic device functionality.
The new product lineup of Sansa product seemed very exciting but without a possibility of further inclusion of formats such as OGG-Vorbis, AAC, and/or FLAC I can only see investment in the products as a short term, limited investment.
I hope that Sansa will reconsider and if there are proactive measures one can make in feature requests to the development team could you please inform me of them? Thank you for your time."

I agree with Thoma that they should be open to the idea for other formats.

It could be possible that with enough of a ruckus they will reconsider. I, for one, am neither a subscriber to Rhapsody or a user of Windows Media software so where they seem to be focusing their development toward subscription services has no benefit to me or my clients. If this remains the state of things, it seems that Sansa will continually be a marginal player in the market relying on partnership gimmicks such as Rhapsody, Napster, or whomever. :cry: