Now that Fuze+ is out, anymore firmware updates for Fuze?

Now that Fuze+ is out, anymore firmware updates for Fuze?

There are still known bugs in the latest firmware.

doubtfull, sandisk discontinued the fuze, just found out for sure today that stores can nolonger order fuze’s from sandisk, so I would bet your SOL. your best bet, rockbox, it will continue being developed/updated for years to come.

Too bad I was hopping for AAC support for my fuze (I share my Sd card between my DSI and Fuze and this would have been very helpful).  I’m not updating because I love my click wheel, I have already invested in a line-out dock  and my fuze works perfectly fine (fingers crossed).

But come-on SanDisk one last update for your loyal customers:wink:

Rockbox, man, Rockbox.

It’s getting better and better for us V2 users. V1 has a stable port out already and they are constantly updating and tweaking it.

USB support for V2 is 80% complete, so they are getting there when you can eventually just use Rockbox to synch your music instead of the original firmware.

I love it. Gapless playback, apps/plugins (doom on Fuze is pretty cool!), skinable thems, etc.

The last few updates for the Fuze didn’t accomplish much. Even if there will be one or two more updates for the Fuze, don’t expect much.

The last few Clip+ updates were also rather disappointing. In the past, Sandisk added functionality with firmware updates. Now it seems like they only want to fix bugs with firmware updates, and not add any functionality to the player.

@isamuelson wrote:

Rockbox, man, Rockbox.

It’s getting better and better for us V2 users. V1 has a stable port out already and they are constantly updating and tweaking it.

USB support for V2 is 80% complete, so they are getting there when you can eventually just use Rockbox to synch your music instead of the original firmware.

I love it. Gapless playback, apps/plugins (doom on Fuze is pretty cool!), skinable thems, etc.

+1