No luck with the Fuse video and Ubuntu for me...

I tried lots of different conversion formats after catching what the settings should be on a post from “anything but Ipod”

I did read hear that there would a firmware update to take care of Mac/Linux issues with the video transfer… any ideas when that might be as a general timeframe?

I really like the fuse so far, I would like it even more with video!:smiley:

@cptrohn wrote:

I tried lots of different conversion formats after catching what the settings should be on a post from “anything but Ipod”

I did read hear that there would a firmware update to take care of Mac/Linux issues with the video transfer… any ideas when that might be as a general timeframe?

I really like the fuse so far, I would like it even more with video!:smiley:

Nope. It has been discussed for months, or longer, but it takes time, no tellin when.

You probably already know this but I would just like to point out that many people would really like to have this feature.

I really like my Fuze!! But… I use ubuntu linux and sadly there isnt as much support for major products as there is in windows.

I’m happy with what i have though so keep up the good work! :smileyvery-happy:

have you tried installing the sansa media converter under wine or other .exe emulator?

I also have ubuntu (dual boot with windows) and I did try to install it under wine. It just crashes and I have to restart my computer. Luckily I have windows so, I can deal with it crashing but sometimes working:wink:

I’ll just be patient for a while… but if it does not get resolved I’ll throw it on ebay and buy a Cowon.

Too bad, nice player.

Did you try wine? I spent some time ith Unbuntu this weekend and Wine seems to work well.

Conversion box,

No I didn’t attempt it with wine, because from everything I had read here and on ubuntu forums wine didn’t solve the problem…

I might give that a try today then if you used it and it worked though,  I don’t like to use wine much though… it puts .exe files on the system and opens it up to virus’s and greyware.

@cptrohn wrote:

Conversion box,

No I didn’t attempt it with wine, because from everything I had read here and on ubuntu forums wine didn’t solve the problem…

I might give that a try today then if you used it and it worked though,  I don’t like to use wine much though… it puts .exe files on the system and opens it up to virus’s and greyware.

Agreed. I havent tried it with SMC. I screwed up a lunicx server and had to use Wine to run some exe recovery tools for the server hardware it seemed to work fine. Ill give it a shot myself with SMC

Could someone please share with me what the correct settings are for the fuse video.  I user handbrake for linux and am converting the videos for the view via a post revealing those correct settings… have friends using the fuse who woule those settings…

ms-deidre

go to anything but ipod and there is post there that gives the settings for the fuse, but I’ve yet to talk to anybody using linux that has found a good fix for this and I’ve been searching for better a while now.

Sad to say that I officially gave up today, I gave the fuse to a nephew as an early birthday present and bought a Cowon D2… it works as advertised with linux.