No luck with the Fuse video and Ubuntu for me...

I tried lots of different conversion formats after catching what the settings should be on a post from "anything but Ipod"

I did read hear that there would a firmware update to take care of Mac/Linux issues with the video transfer... any ideas when that might be as a general timeframe?

I really like the fuse so far, I would like it even more with video!Smiley Happy

SanDisk Guru

Re: No luck with the Fuse video and Ubuntu for me...

@cptrohn wrote:

I tried lots of different conversion formats after catching what the settings should be on a post from "anything but Ipod"

I did read hear that there would a firmware update to take care of Mac/Linux issues with the video transfer... any ideas when that might be as a general timeframe?

I really like the fuse so far, I would like it even more with video!Smiley Happy

Nope. It has been discussed for months, or longer, but it takes time, no tellin when.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

You probably already know this but I would just like to point out that many people would really like to have this feature.

I really like my Fuze!! But... I use ubuntu linux and sadly there isnt as much support for major products as there is in windows.

I'm happy with what i have though so keep up the good work! Smiley Very Happy

have you tried installing the sansa media converter under wine or other .exe emulator?
SanDisk Senior User

I also have ubuntu (dual boot with windows) and I did try to install it under wine. It just crashes and I have to restart my computer. Luckily I have windows so, I can deal with it crashing but sometimes workingSmiley Wink

Ni! A terrifying word.

I'll just be patient for a while.... but if it does not get resolved I'll throw it on ebay and buy a Cowon.

Too bad, nice player.

SanDisk Guru

Did you try wine? I spent some time ith Unbuntu this weekend and Wine seems to work well.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Conversion box,

No I didn't attempt it with wine, because from everything I had read here and on ubuntu forums wine didn't solve the problem....

I might give that a try today then if you used it and it worked though,  I don't like to use wine much though..... it puts .exe files on the system and opens it up to virus's and greyware.

SanDisk Guru

@cptrohn wrote:

Conversion box,

No I didn't attempt it with wine, because from everything I had read here and on ubuntu forums wine didn't solve the problem....

I might give that a try today then if you used it and it worked though,  I don't like to use wine much though..... it puts .exe files on the system and opens it up to virus's and greyware.

Agreed. I havent tried it with SMC. I screwed up a lunicx server and had to use Wine to run some exe recovery tools for the server hardware it seemed to work fine. Ill give it a shot myself with SMC

Conversion Box

Highlighted

Could someone please share with me what the correct settings are for the fuse video.  I user handbrake for linux and am converting the videos for the view via a post revealing those correct settings... have friends using the fuse who woule those settings...