SanDisk User

No battery properties monitor after firmware update/more...

I did the firmware update to the latest, then switched from MTP to MSC; Now I no longer can view the battery charge percentage from within "my computer". How can I monitor the charge as before?
SanDisk Guru

Re: No battery properties monitor after firmware update/more...

@katzfuse wrote:
I did the firmware update to the latest, then switched from MTP to MSC; Now I no longer can view the battery charge percentage from within "my computer". How can I monitor the charge as before?

That's not accurate anyways, viewing it there, because the Fuze is receiving a charge while connected to your computer.For an accurate reading, look in the Fuze's system info  in the settings menu, while not connected to the computer.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Battery charge status is one of the many things facilitated by MTP mode. In MSC, you cannot view the Sansa's charge status (by selecting properties).

However, if you look at the display of the Sansa, the battery icon will give you an approximate indication of charge status.  If you look closely at the green icon, it is incremented in 10 percent steps.

µsansa

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Thanks for the info., guys; I knew it wasn't a real accurate depiction of the charge, but it is nice to use it to give some vague indication of when I could disconnect from the pc.