New user impressions and a Wish list for a new fw release

@mikeinkaty wrote:

You know, it’s sure nice that not all in the world think alike!  Just think how boring that would be.

On you points -

1)  I have yet seen a need to use the EQ, so can’t really comment there.

2)  Why use up valuable internal RAM when you can use your computer to find out those kinds of info?

3)  To me, gapless playback would be a minus.  I just don’t listen to the type of music that would need that.

4)  The blue ring on my Fuze with the latest firmware is hardly ever on.  Mainly just when I turn the unit on.

5)  I don’t know what approach they should take here.  There are so many codec’s that trying to accomodate all would certainly overtax the capabilities of their firmware.   I think this is an industry problem and not a Sansa problem.

The battery life on my Fuze slowly increased to the point that now it’s lasting a good 20 hrs or more.  mp3’s at 256kbps is mainly what I listen to.  Have a few at 320 and a lot at 128.  Have a few pics and a couple of video’s on mine that I rarely look at.

On your point about their stock earbuds - That’s mostly all I use. I have a pair of Sennheiser CX400 in-ear buds that has good sound quality but the size of my ear canals are so small that wearing them is very uncomfortable.  Of the 3 outer-ear buds I’ve tried, I like the Sansa stock earbuds the best.

Question about the Sennheiser in-ear buds.  They sould good as long as I have a tight seal but sound like ■■■■ if the seal is lost.  Having to keep them tightly in my ear is VERY uncomfortable.

In summary, I think the top priority for Sansa should be to use their hardware and firmware to provide the best quality sound possible.  All other things should be ‘wants’ that are provided as long as the top priority is best satisfied.

Mike

1. Some people don’t have access to computers all the time. And I concur with being able to see additional information such as release year, composer, and fixing the “x/x” display problem.